Marketing Manager - Australia
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
We are seeking an energetic, resourceful Marketing Manager to work as part of the Wish Local team to help us build brand awareness and lead diversified acquisition campaigns to support our continued expansion in the region. The Marketing Manager should be skilled at working cross functionally and across international time zones. The role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
This person will work very closely with global and local teams to bring Wish Local to life in ANZ, leading our campaigns to drive acquisition and retention of stores and customers. This individual needs to be detail-oriented, highly-organised and capable of operating in a fast paced sales and marketing environment. They will be responsible for helping us establish a strong local presence in the marketplace. If they don’t enjoy getting scrappy, wearing multiple hats then this isn’t the right role. They must be a creative problem solver, with the ability to effectively manage simultaneous programs and projects.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop diversified Wish Local acquisition campaigns through the use of digital and traditional media and industry channels.
- Leverage global initiatives to build brand awareness, customers and users in our region.
- Analyse and report on effectiveness of acquisition and marketing programs with a view to making recommendations to iterate future campaigns.
- Identify and lead participation in trade events to engage with our community.
- Work closely with the Sales, Operations and Customer Success teams and key partners to develop and execute partner marketing plans.
- Support case study development, testimonials and sales materials as needed.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communication or related discipline
- 3+ years of B2B marketing experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, instantly “likeable”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a matrix, and rapidly solve problems
- Ability to influence cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Tenacious problem solver
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
- Ability to work autonomously
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.