Software Engineer, Payments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving interesting and challenging problems. The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing and improving payments services and enabling a great payments experience for Wish customers all over the world. Our team is small and nimble which allows us to release new code daily, iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. Each engineer has the opportunity to work at all levels of the stack. They work on entire features from the database level to the client. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain and take ownership over a payments platform processing billions of dollars per year
- Integrate new payment methods into our mobile app and desktop site
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure payments system uptime
Alongside your engineering requirements, you will be expected to contribute ideas to design and product decisions. You should have a passion for building products that are fun and easy to use and be able to analyze existing products to provide feedback on how they can be improved.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or C++
- Full stack or backend engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
- Rigor in software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.