Transaction Monitoring Analyst
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
The Transaction Monitoring Analyst will be involved in data analyses for transaction monitoring, operationalising processes and business rules, handling alerts and reporting duties. The role holder is part of the first line and headed by the CLBV Chief Operations, Payments and Strategy Officer.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitor the departmental queues for alerts on a regular basis throughout the working day ensuring management are aware of outstanding alerts at end of day
- Review transaction monitoring alerts in line with prescribed procedures
- In addition, assess if there is anything else unusual about a transaction, particularly based on experience of previous transactions
- Where there are grounds for suspicion or a requirement for guidance in relation to an alert, escalate in line with the procedures
- Create and maintain accurate and concise records of all investigations undertaken including details on the rationale for any decisions made
- Seek to build an understanding of the profile of customers highlighted through the transaction monitoring alert process
- Remain the company point of contact and action owner for all transaction monitoring issues (ongoing engagement with the FIU)
- Highlight and escalate operational and other risks to management
- Assisting with execution of audits and investigations on KYC issues
- Execution delivery against internal and external agreed SLA’s
- Provide advice and support to the CLBV organization on the identification of areas of risk as a result of transaction monitoring trends
- Any other associated duties required from time to time to meet the departmental responsibilities and goals
- Demonstrated ability to recognise suspicious transactions and the desire to investigate any unusual activities
- Problem Analysis and Solving skills, consistent attention to details / Accuracy
- 3 or more years experience in a similar job. Experience in the payments or eCommerce industry is strongly preferred
- Preferably Bachelor degree and ACAMS certifications preferred and preferably knowledge of AML and KYC policies
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel (Macros, Pivots, Lookups, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with strict deadlines to satisfy our clients
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.