Business Operations Associate - Australia
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
More than ever, brick and mortar retail stores are struggling due to shifting consumer trends and the migration to online shopping. At Wish, we believe that through the application of technology, data science and innovative thinking, we can strengthen communities and stimulate local businesses by giving them access to hundreds of millions of new consumers, and changing the way in which the world shops. We launched Wish Local (wish.com/local) in early 2019 to provide small businesses with a unique platform to help their businesses thrive, and today with over 50,000 store partners across 40 countries, we know we’re on the right path.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a program that’s still in its early stages to help grow and shape the development of it, and to make a meaningful impact on small business owners all over the world.
What you'll be doing:
- Process inbound Wish Local Store applications in a timely manner: vetting location/quality of store, contacting applicants, data entry
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and support to our store partners, with methods including but not limited to Zendesk, email, phone and chat.
- Assist in the rollout of new product features by collecting and monitoring feedback from stores, with methods including but not limited to: phone calls, emails, surveys, video calls, in-person visits.
- Assist in training of new Support personnel and development of new training materials
- Provide analyses, reports and feedback to management team to help us make the right growth decisions
- Collaborate and assist the business development, sales and marketing teams on Wish Local campaigns
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2+ years related work experience in high-volume sales, customer service, customer success or other related fields
- Multilingual proficiency highly valued
- Familiarity with brick and mortar retail industry/buy online - pick up in store programs is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
- Ability to apply discretion in the evaluation of applicants against program criteria
- Must be able to react and follow up quickly to customer inquiries
- Experience with Google Office Suite
- Get-it-done mindset. You're not afraid of long hours, you thrive in a fast-moving dynamic culture and you're humble and scrappy.
- Ability to work confidently, both independently and in a team
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.