Software Engineer - Data & Relevancy
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
We are looking for passionate, curious and analytical Software Engineers to join the Data Relevancy Toronto team. You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. We move fast, and we solve unique and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately.
The perfect candidate will have experience working with large data sets, and some experience in data-driven decision making. You will build end-to-end large scale systems that can process billions of products. You will build machine learning models that extract information from free-text and product images, and generate high quality labeled data. You will drive cross functional collaborations with other teams optimizing shopping experience for millions of users. You will have a direct impact on key product initiatives; including user acquisition, product feed relevance, information extraction, and recommendations.
What you'll be doing:
- Transform business requirements to technology design and implementation
- Analyze and identify patterns from massive semi-structured dataset, and produce actionable insights
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for product understanding
- Build complex software systems that integrate with multiple external systems
- Support the regular maintenance of the data pipelines with bug investigations and fixes
- Optimize for short term execution and plan for long term technical capabilities
- B.S. in Computer Science, other related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years industry experience in software engineering
- Excellent software design skill with experience in Python, Go, and/or Java
- Experience in SQL or other query languages
- Experience with different big data frameworks, including Hadoop, Presto, MapReduce, and/or distributed systems.
- Ability to learn quickly and manage priorities in a fast paced development environment
- Highly driven and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation system, search ranking, or data mining.
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and influence others
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.