Sr. Technical Support Engineer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
The Sr. Tech Support Engineer for EMEA will focus on providing technical support for API integrations with regional ecommerce partners. The ideal candidate will be technically fluent in API technology as was a fluent in both English and another prominent European language. Although this role is based out of Amsterdam, the successful candidate may be able to work remotely throughout Europe depending on local / regional employment laws.
What you will do:
- Analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues reported by partners and merchants
- Interact with partners, and merchants via online conferencing, chat, or email to solve web services platform API technical integration issues
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Frequently liaison with external and internal partner engineers teaching and learning to improve the existing workflows and to invent better implementations of business workflows
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Work with Product and Business teams to enhance the Wish Merchant platform
- Strong aptitude for debugging web services API issues
- Experience working with relational datastores such as MySQL, Postgresql, Hive or equivalent
- Experience using web services API debugging tools like curl, Postman, web developer tools or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable track record of collaborating between engineers and non-engineers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with eCommerce, inventory management, order fulfillment, and sales channel management
- Prior experience working with customers
- Familiarity in developing scripts using bash, Python, PHP or equivalent languages is preferred
- Familiarity in developing tableau dashboards
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.