Customer Support Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
As customers are the core of what drives us, Customer Support Operations (CSO) plays a critical role in ensuring customers consistently receive friendly and helpful service on Wish. The CSO team advocates on behalf of customers while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with customer support. We’re committed to providing customers with the best possible shopping experience and are looking for passionate, driven and highly enthusiastic people to help us define the future of mobile shopping.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure customers are treated as our most valuable assets
- Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests & product performance
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase customer retention and satisfaction
- Craft well-written responses that are grammatically correct, concise, polished and professional
- Demonstrate empathy, patience and responsible judgement with every customer to ensure the best and most appropriate outcome based on each situation
- Achieve daily goals of solved tickets without compromising the customer experience
- Find solutions to customer issues while always adhering to company policies and guidelines
- Work independently, effectively prioritize and manage your time
- Learn, utilize and multitask across a variety of tools to view account information, research and review policies while helping customers
- Communicate effectively with internal leadership to identify customer pain points and propose solutions to policy, user experience or other areas for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in a related customer support role
- Supported Business to Consumer customers within a high contact support center
- You love helping people and find it rewarding to solve people’s problems, then you love to proactively use that experience to make the whole service better
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical problems in a human tone and customer friendly language
- Strong interpersonal skills required to function both in a team environment and to build relationships with our valued customers
- Excellent general technical background with demonstrated sound problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about providing incredible customer support and solving problems
- Experience providing technical/troubleshooting support for e-commerce, Internet services or software a plus
- Desire to continually learn, adapt and work in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Sense of humor and a sense of adventure!
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.