Data Analyst, Data and Relevancy, Finance
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Wish is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to support our Data & Relevancy Team in San Francisco. The role entails driving analytics insights and enable senior leadership to make effective, analytically driven decisions, in particular area of finance. The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of databases and data visualization, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling operations through automation.
What you'll be doing:
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. revenue, customer, merchant) to gain insights that will drive financial business decisions.
- Conceptualize and build centralized tools (including pipelines) that can extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams globally, assimilating requirements, driving results in the form of data insights and being liaison between engineers and business partners.
- Develop dashboards and visualizations for the business stakeholders and maintain the integrity of the reports.
- Investigate monetary impact on new programs and assist with ad-hoc requests.
- Process a large amount of data and do deep dives to understand certain trends/patterns, carry out correlation analysis to identify causes and relatedness.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an analytical field or similar.
- 3+ years of work experience in doing finance/business data analysis.
- Proficiency in SQL or other query languages, deep experience and strengths to develop complex queries.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, PHP, Perl, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to transform data into business insights and actionable recommendations.
- Experience working with large data sets that are structured and partially structured.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau etc.).
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.