New Grad - Software Engineer, Infrastructure (Core)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Infrastructure engineers at Wish are responsible for keeping the site stable and making sure that the user experience is responsive. They scale a massive, highly-available platform end-to-end, design distributed systems, validate performance, factor in security, and proactively monitor every corner of our stack. When things go wrong, they are on-hand to fight the fires. Our team releases every day, iterating quickly to maximize impact. Each engineer has the opportunity to work on all areas of the technology stack and they fully own their features, from product spec to database to client.
We have five unique and exciting Infrastructure sub-teams that require skilled engineers: Core, Security, Tools/Automation, Platform Services and IT. Each team is small, nimble and moves extremely fast while solving unusual and challenging problems:
CORE engineers use Python, MongoDB, and Chef to program & validate the systems and tools that power our infrastructure. This includes improving the scalability of existing code, building new tools to give us more leverage over our infrastructure, developing automation for our servers, and architecting new ways to scale and support our user base.Job Responsibilities: The core team’s problems start in the application, go through load balancers, databases, caches, networks, kernels, and down to the bare metal hardware.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a top university
- Solid foundation in computer science, math and/or software engineering
- Interest in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Self-motivated, smart, hands-on, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Strong desire to improve the design, implementation and maintenance of large software systems
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Interest and ability to build features quickly and iterate in a data-driven fashion
- A passion for hacking social e-commerce is a must
- Experience in growth engineering projects
- Backbone, jQuery, Require.js, SASS (CSS)
- Main database: MongoDB
- Big data systems: Hadoop, Hive
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.