- 151 Commerce Dr, Montgomeryville, PA 18936, USA
WireCo WorldGroup is the world's leader in manufacturing, engineering, and distributing wire rope, synthetic rope, specialized assemblies, wire products and electromechanical cable. We specialize in rope for the gas and oil industry for mining and off shore drilling, cranes, bridges and military installations.
Sets up and operates one or more machines. Obtains and follows shop work instructions, able to use hand tools. Is able to read pie tape and tape measures. Inspects machines for any damage. Performs tension checks and records data on proper form.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects machine and equipment used to ensure safe mechanical operation. Makes minor maintenance repairs and reports any maintenance or safety problems that require corrective action.
- Determines fiber type to be run and verifies that correct machine is used. Set up and break down of machine for new jobs. Strings up machine in prescribed manner.
- Maintain proper take ups.
- Checks rope tolerances ie, diameter, lay length. Records rope diameters on appropriate paperwork.
- Repairs all breaks, exercising good judgment. Sets counter to prescribed count or standard setting.
- Removes spool or coil from machine, replaces empty spool, starts machine and ties up bundle or spool. Ensures that all material is properly tagged and placed on proper pallets or skids.
- Checks machines, tools and auxiliary equipment to be sure they are operating efficiently and safely. Performs minor maintenance to correct problems and ensures maintenance is notified of problems requiring corrective action.
- Regularly performs safety inspection in area and corrects problems where possible. Reports other problems to maintenance or Supervisor for corrective action. Responsible for housekeeping in area.
- Ensures all material is packaged according to customer specifications and is prepared for shipment. Loads and unloads trucks and keeps material in a neat and orderly manner. Inspects forklifts on a daily basis and logs inspection on proper form. Monitors and maintains proper fluid and fuel levels as required. Operates forklifts in a safe and orderly manner.
- Assures that finished products meet quality standards and specifications.
- Performs any other miscellaneous duties as may be assigned.
- Assists other employees in work group or other work groups as needed.
- Responsible for pass down of operating information, problems, etc., to co-workers on the next shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
INITIATIVE and PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Must show initiative as part of job responsibility. All team members will be cross-trained in various job responsibilities. Expected to find ways to continually improve the process. Must work as a member of team; therefore, must be willing to become involved and contribute to the successful operation of the Plant. Must be able to interact with co-workers on all levels and possess excellent people skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Prefer one to two years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to be certified as forklift operator.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history and educational background.
- Must be willing and able to pass a post-offer drug screen and physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability