Platform Engineer - Cloud
- Denver, CO, USA
Buildit | Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland, India and Poland.
Our co-creation and innovation accelerator Studios comprise of a global network of engineering practitioners. The Buildit team specialises in rescuing at-risk projects and accelerating transformation programs through targeted interventions in various stages of transformation journey.
Our offering includes the following:
• Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
• Co-creation global studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
• Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies)
We are scaling at speed, looking for engineering talent to change the way companies think and approach problems, people who want to work with teams and individuals who share a passion for solving complex problems, people who want to own entire problems, embracing technology, ways of working and customer experience. We recognise that digital transformation is more than tech. Digital transformation is, ultimately, about people. People determine if change is adopted or fails, and through collaborating with each other, clients, or partner organisations, that changes can become lasting improvements.
We are looking for people who have a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons; who are pragmatic, behave like grown-ups, and know when and how to say ‘no’.
- We’re looking for people with a strong grasp of at least one programming language and willingness to learn new ones.
- We want people willing to own the whole delivery process, not just writing code.
Our approach is grounded in lean and agile ways of working, and includes engineering practices such as automated unit and functional testing, and CI & CD. These things are deeply important to us, and they need to be equally important to you - we can’t emphasize this enough.
Please, note that this role requires up to 60% travel within the US.
Good engineering practices:
Continuous integration/delivery (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI)
Testing: TDD, BDD, integration, E2E
Source code control: git, git flow
Languages and frameworks:
Working knowledge of latest technologies:
Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
Cloud infrastructure/services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
Infrastructure-as-code (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
Understanding of high-availability, disaster-recovery, monitoring and logging at scale
- Good communication skills across diverse groups (stakeholders, engineers, business analysts, etc.)
- Initiative (identify value work and execute delivery)
- Leadership (influencing stakeholders, up-skilling engineers)
- Commercial awareness (pragmatic approach to problem-solving)
- Systems thinker (understand how large organisations operate and common pitfalls, LEAN manufacturing)
- Agile (experience with Scrum, Kanban)
- Collaboration (work in an open and sharing culture)
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
This is a consulting SME / Practitioner role and may require up to 80% domestic or international travel
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.
For more information, please, visit our website https://buildit.wiprodigital.com/