Cloud Solutions Architect
- Dublin, Ireland
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and wider Wipro Organisation. We’re a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done. Doing things differently requires strength of character, empathy for those around you, good judgement, as well as being able to explain why to do something differently in the customer's language and at the right time. This requires not just being able to do what good looks like but to stand in the middle of something not good and influence the outcome incrementally day to day to make it better. Our people are at the core of this process. Trust in our people underpins everything we do. Talented, passionate, hard-working, and some of the sharpest people you will ever meet. The best thing about working here is the people you get to work with while solving hard problems.
We challenge the way companies approach problem-solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer-centric approach. We love technology and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
Who you are
You are an experienced hands-on engineer who wants to be recognised as a technology leader within our organisation and in the eyes of our clients. You’re passionate in what you do and you desire to advance your knowledge and career. You strive to have a progressive impact on those around you.You are comfortable working with engineering, architects and business leaders on various levels in the organisation(upto senior executives). You are willing to state your opinion on why things should be different, but recognise and respect the context and drivers behind the status-quo.
You’re a self-starter with the drive to keep yourself, and those around you, at the leading edge of the platform technology curve.
What you will do
Depending on the type of projects you may:
- Work on shaping engineering engagements with customers, including defining scope of work, choosing technologies, etc.
- Travel to various customer locations, mainly around EU, though we aim for customers in Ireland first.
- Run workshops with customers trying to understand existing technology landscape
- Mentor junior engineers
- Build real solutions through experimentation as part of a multi-faceted team whilst keeping a laser focus on the outcomes.
- Enable your clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to production, and deliver better solutions through better software.
- While striving for the idea/solution you will establish a pragmatic way forwards with your client, and then make it happen.
- Contribute to the technology directions of the Studio
What you have
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the Public Cloud Providers (AWS,GCP or Azure)
- Understanding of modern ways of working in the modern technology organisations: DevOps, CI/CD, Containers, Software Lifecycle Automation
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform,CloudFormation, etc.)
- You like to share your knowledge with your peers through blogs and presentations OR you want to get experience on how to do that
- An understanding of the challenges in building cloud native applications from scratch, and migrating monolithic system estates to cloud through the introduction of API-driven micro-services architecture.
- Some exposure to Cloud Migration programs
- Understanding of the Technical Operations, Site Reliability Engineering, Monitoring, Disaster Recovery, etc.
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.