Digital Degree Apprenticeship
- Reading, UK
Wipro is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful.
Wipro is recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 180,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and bold new future.
Ascent is Wipro’s flagship strategic talent programme focused on developing the next generation of Digital talent. It is a strategic differentiating capability and signifies our commitment to growing talent. As part of Wipro’s Ascent programme, we have introduced BSc in Digital and Technology Solution Degree Apprenticeship programme for student who have completed their A-levels/BTEC with a focus on Computer Science.
What we offer:
Our apprentices joining our Degree Apprenticeship:
• Gain a permanent full-time role within Wipro
• Follow an alternative path into the technology industry via our 4-year path to Earn while you Learn!
• Study (20%) for a University degree – a debt-free start to your career (Wipro pays all your tuition fees)
• Exciting and challenging work including on-the-job learning (80%)
• Awarded a BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions degree with Sheffield Hallam University.
Programme, Training and development
Our programme includes all the opportunities you need to prepare for a successful career in the technology industry. You’ll build technical and business skills as IT Consultant. Your study programme is designed to fit around full-time employment, and uses a learning approach that mixes distance learning, work-based study and study days. This approach allows apprentices to combine two roles. First, you’ll be a productive employee with Wipro, learning relevant skills and gaining valuable experience on client projects, with ongoing support from experts in your chosen field and your assigned mentor. Second, you’ll participate in a learning community of peers (other apprentices and graduates) who are broadening and deepening their professional knowledge. On a quarterly basis, you and your manager will review your performance to ensure your success. On finishing your apprenticeship successfully, you will be a highly qualified graduate with unparalleled career opportunities.
We hire apprentices for technical roles such as Digital Engineering, Digital Testing, Business Analysis, Technical Administration, Business Intelligence, Cyber Security, Cognitive Computing, Internet of Things and Blockchain Engineering. Over the four years, you’ll gain exposure to a wide range of technology stacks and business projects.
96 UCAS points from three A levels (with one A-level Computer Science) or BTEC Computer Science.
GCSE Level C or Pass in Maths
About the training provider
We’ve partnered with the Sheffield Hallam University to create a unique, tailor-made 4-year degree programme that’s designed to unlock your potential. You can work, earn and learn while studying towards a degree and preparing for a management career within UK
You begin your role with Foundations of Technology Solutions, an intensive 8-week training course that will allow you to begin working on actual client projects.
The end point awarded degree is: BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions. Each stage comprises three six-month blocks. This pattern of study is designed to fit around full-time employment and uses a blended learning approach, which mixes distance learning, work-based study and attendance at on-campus block learning days.
This approach allows you to be both productive in the workplace and to learning relevant skills on the job. You also participate in a learning community of peers who are broadening and deepening their professional knowledge together.
• The opportunity to study part-time for a BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions and several professional qualifications
• A thorough grounding in software engineering and consulting
• Valuable experience on client projects on-going support from experts in your chosen field and from buddies and mentors
Salary and Benefits:
• Your year 1 starting salary will be £17,000 plus a variety of benefits to choose from
• 80% of your time for work and 20% for study
• 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• A modern Android smart phone
• A state-of-the-art software engineering laptop (Windows 10 or OS X, based on client requirements)
• As an apprentice, you’ll also get the same benefits as a full-time university student on campus