AV-BASE Systems, Inc. (dba WinAir) is a proud developer and supporter of structurally integrated and cost-efficient maintenance and inventory control systems for over 30 years. With our head office in London, Ontario, we provide WinAir software to over 250 operators (fixed- and rotary-wing) worldwide.
Celebrating our 30th anniversary, WinAir was also recognized by the local business community during the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, as the winner of the Business of the Year award in the medium-sized category in 2018.
Would you like to become a part of an award-winning company that is growing more than ever? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking for opportunities for growth in different job functions? Then reach out to us!
NOTE: This opportunity has a full-time remote option for candidates residing in Canada
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware, and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will have great troubleshooting abilities, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fully remote setting. The successful candidate will have an aptitude for self learning and organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Setup and configure Workstations and Laptops
- Make Group Policy and security configurations where required
- Configure VPN’s and remote access
- Setup and configure application servers for production and demo systems using Java, Apache Tomcat and SQL Server
- Ensure the highest levels of security within our network
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Maintain, patch and upgrade Windows and Linux based systems
- Maintain Hyper-V environments
Qualifications and Competencies
Education and Training
University or College degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience configuring and setting up domains, group policy, DNS is a must
- Microsoft Windows 10 and higher
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and higher
- Previous experience with MS365 and Azure AD
- Previous experience with Java, Microsoft SQL and Apache Tomcat would be an asset
- Experience with Hyper-V or similar virtualization technology would be an asset
- Experience with Linux would be an asset
Skills and Aptitudes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, retain flexibility and maintain composure under pressure
- A quick learner of new technologies
- Positive attitude a must, with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and issues, and handle all facets of assigned projects independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, research, and time management skills
- Understanding of internet security and data privacy best practices
- Pass police background check and sign associated confidentiality agreement due to the nature of our industry
- Certification as an IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
Environment and Physical
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Be able to work flexible schedules to accommodate emergency situations
- This position is primarily remote but may require you to travel to our office or Data Center in some circumstances
Why Work for Us?
We offer competitive compensation package based on experience and a proven track record of success, relative to the deliverables of the role. Benefits offered at WinAir include: extended healthcare, dental, EAP, RRSP matching, etc.
We are also proud to offer a flexible work schedule maximizing good work-life balance, different social committee events, and quarterly Town Hall meetings to foster teamwork and a strong, long-lasting work relationship.
Do you want to hear more about what we can offer? Why not check out our website and see what is available? We are hiring for different roles and would love to hear from qualified individuals like yourself!
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, knowledge, and ability towards this career path, and why we need to speak with you via email to HR. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require any accommodation at any point of recruitment process, please let us know.