- 120 Bessemer Rd, London, ON N6E 1R2, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
AV-BASE Systems, Inc. (dba WinAir) is a proud developer and supporter of structurally integrated and cost-efficient maintenance and inventory control systems for over 25 years. With our head office in London, Ontario, we provide WinAir software to over 250 operators (fixed- and rotary-wing) worldwide.
Celebrating our 30th anniversary, WinAir was also recognized by the local business community during the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, as the winner of the Business of the Year award in the medium-sized category in 2018.
Would you like to become a part of an award-winning company that is growing more than ever? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking for opportunities for growth in different job functions? Then shout out to us!
The Web Developer is primarily responsible for the designing, coding, and modifying the company's website and online tools according to the company's specifications. The Web Developer will be in charge of the overall look and feel of the company website and online tools, as well as handling the technical aspects of those tools, including their performance and capacity.
In addition, the Web Developer will work closely with the Commercial team to satisfy the customer needs by successfully designing and maintaining the company website and various online tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create well-designed and reusable code with strong problem-solving skills while following established corporate standards and requirements documentation.
- Coordinate with colleagues to ensure the website's performance and design are maintained effectively to satisfy the internal and external needs.
- Review requirements documentation and provide feedback.
- Identify and help facilitate the resolution of design issues.
- Continuous learning & development.
- Publish materials to various online tools (e.g., Discovery Tool, Help, etc.).
- Propose appropriate and creative solutions to problems discovered during development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Portfolio of previous work samples
- Minimum of College Diploma in Computer Science, Web Development, Digital Design, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in web programming, front-end development, or similar role
- Previous experience in visual/graphics design and/or E-Learning is a great plus.
- Good intuition for modern website design/layouts and the ability to implement them.
- Ability to interpret complex requests and implement them based on an aggressive timeline
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems and web application development
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Working experience with WordPress and Adobe Suite
- Ability to work on multiple tasks independently with little direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Experience with development work in Java is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe RoboHelp is an asset.
- Familiarity with E-Learning authoring applications (Storyline, Captivate, Lectora, etc.) and LMS is a great asset.
- Aviation experience/knowledge is a plus, as is fluency in other languages.
Why Work for Us?
We offer competitive compensation and benefits based on experience and a proven track record of success, relative to the deliverables of the role.
We are proud to offer a flexible work schedule maximizing good work-life balance, different social committee events and quarterly Town Hall meetings to foster teamwork and a strong, long-lasting work relationship.
Do you want to hear more about what we can offer? Why not check out our website and see what is available? We are hiring for different roles and would love to hear from qualified individuals like yourself!