- 120 Bessemer Rd, London, ON N6E 1R2, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
AV-BASE Systems, Inc. (dba WinAir) is a proud developer and supporter of structurally integrated and cost-efficient maintenance and inventory control systems for over 25 years. With our head office in London, Ontario, we provide WinAir software to over 250 operators (fixed- and rotary-wing) worldwide.
Celebrating our 30th anniversary, WinAir was also recognized by the local business community during the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, as the winner of the Business of the Year award in the medium-sized category in 2018.
Would you like to become a part of an award-winning company that is growing more than ever? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking for opportunities for growth in different job functions? Then shout out to us!
Reporting to Tech Review Manager, you will be a proactive enthusiastic team member and be primarily responsible for gathering, analyzing, specifying, and validating the company's business needs. This includes interviewing users and gathering/compiling user requirements to convey to the Development team throughout the entire software lifecycle, testing and training. The BA's support is critical to our development process by ensuring that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
- Gather and document requirements and ideas from different internal user groups.
- Develop an understanding of business needs through discussion and interviews.
- Review enhancement requests and customer inquiries.
- Assess customers’ needs, identify and document requirements critical to achieving business objectives.
- Create the functional requirements along with user interface requirements.
- Recommend and communicate solutions to specific business problems and improvements to business processes.
- Assist with Release Videos and Online Help update and maintenance.
- Participate in beta testing as required.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- 4 – 5 years of experience as Business Analyst or similar role
- Experience in technical writing and/or document management is preferred.
- Experience working with users developing business requirements
- Experience with process management and process change implementation
- Effective business case writing skills
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong analytical mindset to understand a business problem and break it down into resolvable understandable pieces
- Efficient problem solving skills, with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) to act as a professional and inquisitive liaison
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Product roadmap experience ability to elicit mid- and long-term product plans
- Familiarity with SDLC/CMM/ISO principles
- Familiarity with estimating and resourcing processes
- Aviation experience/knowledge a plus, as is fluency in other languages
- CBAP/CCBA designation preferred but not required.
Why Work for Us?
We offer competitive compensation and benefits based on experience and a proven track record of success, relative to the deliverables of the role.
We are proud to offer a flexible work schedule maximizing good work-life balance, different social committee events and quarterly Town Hall meetings to foster teamwork and a strong, long-lasting work relationship.
Do you want to hear more about what we can offer? Why not check out our website and see what is available? We are hiring for different roles and would love to hear from qualified individuals like yourself!