VP, Alternative Solutions
- Department: Client Solutions
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping investors improve their financial outcomes. For more than 50 years, Wilshire has been dedicated to providing customized portfolio solutions grounded in research and powered by next generation technologies.
Wilshire advises on over $1 trillion in assets for some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors and is headquartered in the United States with offices worldwide.
This position will work on a hybrid model out of our Chicago, Santa Monica or Pittsburgh offices.
The Alternative Solution’s team works within Wilshire’s client solutions team in delivering advisory services, discretionary fund management, and investments solutions focused on the alternative asset classes (private equity, private credit, private real assets, and marketable alternatives). Wilshire’s alternatives solutions team in concert with Wilshire’s alternative research group advises on more than $20 billion of assets across investment types, strategies and geographies. We have a global perspective on the alternatives market with worldwide research capabilities and a major international client base. Both global and regional mandates are structured to meet client investment goals. Today there are approximately 45 professionals across the alternative’s platform working in four locations: Santa Monica (Western US), Pittsburgh (Eastern US), Amsterdam (Europe), and Hong Kong (Asia/Pacific).
What you’ll do:
Lead or assist in overseeing of client relationships across all investment related matters
- Asset allocation
- Investment research
- Manager selection and monitoring
- Investment policy management
Support associates in development and understanding of key client initiatives
- Develop and Audit work for client delivery
- Provide education and mentoring to assist in professional growth
Generate or support new business development
- Participate in RFP responses
- Present to prospective clients
- Create new leads where applicable
Conduct research and due diligence efforts across all private market segments in North America
- Develop and maintain relationships with private fund managers
- Source new investment opportunities
- Attend annual meetings and/or participate on advisory boards
- Portfolio monitoring activities
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written, verbal, and quantitative analysis skills
- Must be willing and able to travel at least 50% of the time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Preferred qualifications:
- CFA-designation preferred
- MBA preferred
- This position will work on a hybrid model out of our Chicago, Santa Monica or Pittsburgh office
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursement, and more
The salary range for this position is $150,000 - $210,000/year. However, base pay will be determined on an individualized basis considering various factors, including location, qualifications, skills, and experience. The total compensation package includes paid holidays and a full range of health and financial benefits, which will be provided in conjunction with an offer of employment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
Wilshire is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race/ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do for our employees and clients to thrive.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 310-584-6011.