Compliance Specialist (Part-Time FTC)
- 91-92 High St, Thame OX9 3EH, UK
Established for well over 25 years, the award-winning Wills & Trusts Group believes in treating clients as people, not just as a number. This “family” philosophy makes the company one of the most highly respected amongst financial advisers. As one of the few firms of Chartered Financial Planners, Wills & Trusts IFA has the technical know-how to deal with any situation but focuses on the growth of clients’ assets and the protection of those assets so that they pass to the right person at the right time.
Trust DFM, a part of the W&T Group provide solutions to Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs) who want to offer their clients an independent, compliant and robust investment service, but struggle to find a provider who supports and adds to the value of the IFA-Client relationship; we were built by IFAs for IFAs. We provide a model portfolio service, but unlike a traditional outsourced investment provider, our models are constructed around the investment objectives of the client. This approach is also fully supported to the IFA in a variety of ways, from regular portfolio and market updates which are customisable, to regular business support workshops. We’re here to act as the client’s own investments specialists, leaving IFA’s to focus their energy where it is best used; with their clients.
Wills & Trusts Chartered Financial Planners Ltd is a top 100 Independent Financial Advisory firm based in Thame, Oxfordshire. In line with our strategic growth plans we are currently recruiting for a Compliance Consultant with extensive knowledge and experience of Compliance within Financial Services to join us on a part-time, FTC basis to help us strengthen the compliance procedures we already have in place, and develop robust quality controls to ensure we have operational excellence across the organisation.
The position would suit an individual that has a proven track record of putting compliance processes in place within a FCA regulated environment; is passionate about continuous improvement; capable of advising the leadership team on improvements; can provide training on regulatory updates and is happy to play a hands-on role in the on-going auditing of both the IFA and discretionary Fund Management sides to the group.
Within the role you will play a key part in implementing the Wills & Trusts Compliance plan to ensure the company activities meet FCA regulatory requirements. We have already undertaken an extensive review of the compliance processes that we would like to make, and are now looking for the support of a Compliance Specialist to help us work with the wider business to implement the required recommendations in a compliant, yet business focused manner. Typical activities will include:
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects of compliance for our IFA practice and Discretionary Fund Manager (Trust DFM) including, file reviews, annual compliance audits, TCF gap analysis and implementation, financial promotion approval, recruitment guidance and implementation of T&C scheme.
- Devise a competency framework to assess Advisers of all levels, including the sign-off of individuals once deemed competent.
- Develop and maintain policies, processes, registers and MI reports to ensure the necessary aspects of regulatory compliance are adhered to and reported
- Design and deliver regulatory training to all team members including, MLV, Data protection etc
- Take ownership for ensuring the business is aware of any regulatory compliance updates
- Interpret regulatory requirements and implement practical, compliant solutions
- Assist with due diligence and on-going compliance
- From time to time you will be required to visit hub sites across the UK to conduct compliance checks and training
Our ideal applicant will have extensive compliance experience within the Financial Services sector with in-depth knowledge of Investments, Pensions and other financial products. An understanding of FCA Handbooks, especially ICOBS, TCF, DPA, MIFID II, financial crime, consumer credit and complaints will be required. You should also have practical experience in the application of FCA rules and regulations.
Whilst building an understanding of our current compliance procedures we require an initial commitment of 4-5 days per week and anticipate this will reduce significantly to 1-2 days per month on a longer-term basis. The initial contract duration will be 3-6 months although could extend beyond this. The daily rate will be in the region of £200 - £350 per day dependent upon skills and experience.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Compliance Consultant to join a successful, growing IFA and play an instrumental role in developing our core compliance structures.
Our ideal applicant will have extensive compliance experience within the Financial Services sector with in-depth knowledge of Investments, Pensions and other financial products. An understanding of FCA Handbooks, especially, TCF, DPA, financial crime, consumer credit and complaints will be required. You should also have practical experience in the application of FCA rules and regulations. Experience of MIDIF II would also be advantageous. You should feel comfortable managing projects and implementing changes whilst also playing a hands-on role quality checking processes.
Whilst building an understanding of our current compliance procedures we are ideally looking for someone to work 3 to 4 days per week but anticipate this reducing to 1-2 days per week on a longer-term basis. We are also happy to consider other flexible arrangements if necessary.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Compliance Consultant to join a successful, growing IFA and play an instrumental role in developing our core compliance structures whilst offering a fantastic work/life balance.
Why work for Wills & Trusts?
The real reason people love working here is the culture of the company, we'd be more than happy to tell you more about this when we meet you, but in the meantime here's just a few of the reasons you might want to apply...
- Industry recognised – Award Winning Financial Planners (In the past couple of months alone we have been awarded Best Financial Advisor to work for and Top 100 Financial Advisor)
- Above market rate pay
- Free lunch
- Charitable fundraising events
- A dedicated Well-Being Team that organise regular events from massages, night-outs, theatre trips and a variety of other fun activities.