Trust Solicitor & Compliance Officer
- 91-92 High St, Thame OX9 3EH, UK
Established for well over 25 years, the award-winning Wills & Trusts Group believes in treating clients as people, not just as a number. This “family” philosophy makes the company one of the most highly respected amongst financial advisers.
As one of the few firms of Chartered Financial Planners, Wills & Trusts has the technical know-how to deal with any situation but focuses on the growth of clients’ assets and the protection of those assets so that they pass to the right person at the right time.
The Wills & Trusts Group incorporates a variety of services in order to offer our clients a full-service offering, including our Independent Financial Planning business (IFA), Discretionary Fund Management business (Trust DFM) and Wills & Trusts Legal.
Wills & Trusts are an award winning, Top 100 firm of Financial Advisors. Established in 1992 we have grown year on year and are currently implementing exciting plans to grow our business significantly both throughout the UK and also broadening the range of services we are able to offer our clients, including our own Wills & Trusts Legal Practice.
Wills & Trusts Legal offer our clients a dedicated legal administration support service, taking you through the probate and trust administration journey. With the ongoing expansion of Wills & Trusts Legal we have created an exciting new position for a Trust Solicitor & Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP).
The Trust Solicitor & COLP is a dual role to maintain and develop new business streams and guide clients of the IFA business through the preparation and sale of trust solutions, whilst also being instrumental in creating a culture of compliance throughout Wills & Trusts, helping to identify potential risks and act as the key point of contact for the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal information and advice to clients, appropriate to their individual needs
- Developing new trust solutions in conjunction with the IFA’s; as trust specialist you will be responsible for drafting discretionary trust documentation, deed of assignment and trust transactions.
- Ensuring that any business conducted is done so in a responsible and compliant manner, meeting all legislative requirements, both internally and externally.
- Keep up to date with legislative and industry changes which affect the business, its Clients and the role of the in-Probate Consultant within the business.
- Development and acquisition of clients to ensure that business targets are met
- Provision of technical support with preparation for Client meetings, including legal recommendations and client presentations
- Management and delivery of client meetings
- Preparation of meeting notes and fact-finding documentation
- Ensuring that all client requirements are followed through to the appropriate conclusion
- Preparing trust documents that are compliant and meet the requirements of the IFA client
- Maintaining up to date records, communications & documents relating to individual cases
- Managing an ongoing review service appropriate to the client’s needs in line with the business’s proposition offering
- Continuous professional development to meet regulatory requirements and personal development needs
- Promoting the profile of the business within the profession and wider communities
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
Our ideal applicant will be a qualified Solicitor with relevant industry experience. You will be a client focused individual that is passionate about providing a professional service and capable of putting our clients needs first. As you will be responsible for ensuring Wills & Trusts are compliant in line with SRA it is also imperative that you are up to date with relevant legislation and keen to further develop your knowledge and experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join the W&T Legal team, as we grow you will be able to play an instrumental role in developing the business.