Customer Service Representative - Remote
- 920 Memorial City Way, Houston, TX 77024, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position Type: Non-Exempt
We are very excited to expand our Customer Service Representative team by offering this position as a work from home opportunity, where you can feel the most comfortable and supported. We offer you a seasonal job opportunity to assist you with breaking through work-life balance and financial barriers. Enjoy working in your home with no commute through the daily havoc of traffic.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will have the rewarding opportunity to support Medicare eligible retirees across the country. Your goal as a Customer Service Representative is to be an advocate for our clients and assist them with enrollment issues, applications, general questions and concerns, and facilitating their Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA). You will spend a large portion of your day in phone conversations with clients investigating and resolving issues or assisting participants in the completion of their open enrollment applications in a fast paced team environment.
The pay for this position is $15.00 per hour and the assignment will likely conclude between December 2021 and March 2022, although we do frequently ask our highest performers to stay onboard to work on other projects.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity. Although this role is open for remote work, you cannot be a resident of New York, Hawaii, California, or Alaska.
How you will make an impact:
- Effectively and empathetically assist clients over the phone
- Listen, assess, and resolve client needs and questions using a consultative approach
- Use a consultative approach to finalize the applicants application in a very structured process
- Solve complex problems by identifying the root cause of issues and providing feedback
- Clearly articulate application verbiage to meet legal requirements around the application
- Show patience and kindness to deescalate concerned callers
- Adhere to all legal regulations
- Work with a team in a diverse, professional call center environment
Our All-Star Customer Service Representatives:
- Are excited to learn new things
- Can actively listen and recognize the needs of clients
- Are able to overcome client frustrations while remaining calm and patient
- Can show sensitivity to clients, retirees, and individual needs of each caller
- Willingly accept coaching and feedback
- Are flexible and able to adapt based on business priorities and changing needs
- Are dependable and pride themselves on being present and punctual each day
- Have strong computer skills and excellent attention to detail
For Texas, Utah and Arizona opportunities: The safety of our colleagues, both current and future, is Willis Towers Watson’s highest priority. At this time, most of our colleagues are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Should you prefer however to work in our office or are unable to meet the work from home requirements, we are committed to following CDC and official guidance, which includes taking measures to practice effective social distancing, reduce office capacity and implementing other policies and procedures designed to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
What you need to succeed:
- Proven success in a customer service and consultative sales environment, with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, consultative relationship building, resourcefulness and professional and courteous communication skills
- Resilience needed to efficiently manage a steady stream of customer calls, while balancing performance to meet a variety of metrics, effectively manage through change, and remain positive in difficult situations
- Must be able to complete a paid two-week intensive virtual training program and pass a final test; training covers computer systems, Medicare, enrollment, fundamentals of a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), compliance regulations, and more
- Technical proficiency; ability to manage multiple open computer windows and learn new computer systems (experience using dual monitors is a plus)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents and detailed correspondence, procedure manuals, and applications
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated team environment
- Ability to type 35 words per minute
- High school diploma or GED required
- College degree or some college a plus
Work from home requirements: Equipment provided!
- All applicants will be required to have a separate confidential and distraction free workspace so you can focus on delivering excellent customer service to our participants
- The applicant will secure and be responsible for paying their own internet expenses to include a minimum upload speed 5 MB/s, preferred upload speed 25 MB/s and a minimum download speed 25 MB/s, preferred download speed 50 MB/s
- Wired ethernet connection that meets upload and download speed requirements as noted above
- Applicants will be required to work during their assigned shift time which does include specified lunch and break times
- Hardware and software requirements and additional guidelines provided during the interview selection process
We’re Willis Towers Watson, a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path of growth. For us, pursuing excellence begins with empowerment. So, as part of a collaborative team, you’ll be trusted to think around the problem with the freedom to transform clients’ businesses, the industry and your career. We reward our associates with competitive hourly rates, milestone bonuses, team competitions, and raffles. We have a variety of shifts available. Our hours of operation are 6am – 7pm MST. Each year we invite top performing seasonal associates to join our team on a year round basis, or invite them back for the following season.