Accounting Support Professional
- East Brunswick, NJ, USA
Founded in 1983, WilkinGuttenplan is a leading accounting and advisory firm in New Jersey and New York City. The Firm serves a multitude of industries, including closely-held and middle-market businesses and their owners, high-net worth individuals, real estate, healthcare, international commerce, sports and entertainment, professional practices, technology, non-profit and many more. Areas of expertise include tax, auditing, compilations, reviews, financial statement preparation, business valuations and trust & estate solutions. WilkinGuttenplan is an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA.
- We offer a unique culture that emphasizes and values work/life balance
- Our collaborative work environment is strongly committed to your professional growth
- In 2018 we were ranked the #1 Best Place to Work in NJ in the medium category and the Best Accounting firm overall by NJBiz
- Accounting Today named us the #1 Best Accounting Firm to work for in the country in the medium category
- We were voted as the best place to Work for Millennials in the United States
We are currently seeking an Accounting Support Professional to join our CIRA Practice!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in carrying out general accounting functions for firm clients, which will include:
- Posting client activity
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- General ledger maintenance
- Financial statement preparation
- Periodic closing procedures
- General account balance reconciliations
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Accounting required
- QuickBooks experience required, data import experience preferred
- Full-time or Part-time opportunity available.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and Excel
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task and complete assignments within budgets and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Minimal travel to clients required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.