International Tax Accountant
- 1200 Tices Ln, East Brunswick, NJ 08816, USA
Founded in 1983, WilkinGuttenplan is a leading accounting and advisory firm in New Jersey and New York City. The Firm serves a multitude of industries, including closely-held and middle-market businesses and their owners, high-net worth individuals, real estate, healthcare, international commerce, sports and entertainment, professional practices, technology, non-profit, condominiums and cooperatives, and many more. Areas of expertise include tax, auditing, compilations, reviews, financial statement preparation, business valuations and trust & estate solutions. WilkinGuttenplan is an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA.
- We have a unique culture that emphasizes and values flexibility and work/life balance
- WG offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO
- We offer training and development opportunities and a formal coaching program to develop our staff to their full potential
- Our collaborative work environment is strongly committed to your professional growth
- In 2018, we were ranked the #1 Best Place to Work in NJ in the medium category and the Best Accounting firm overall by NJBiz
- In 2018, Accounting Today named us one the #1 Best Accounting Firm to work for in the country
- We were voted as the best place to Work for Millennials in the United States
WG is currently looking for a Tax Senior and/or Supervisor to join our rapidly growing International Tax team. This position can be remote or based out of our East Brunswick, NJ office.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Act as a business advisor to global companies and understand the life cycle from start to finish
- Lead and manage projects while taking on new initiatives and maintaining client relationships
- Conduct research and review for U.S. and foreign tax laws and regulations related to international tax planning strategies and other transactions
- Identify and execute tax planning opportunities
- Provide technical tax support on transactions and activities
- Prepare and review forms and related work papers for U.S. owned foreign entities
This job may be for you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- You have your CPA license or J.D.
- You have prior tax experience with domestic closely-held businesses and individuals including tax planning, research and consulting.
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience with a public accounting firm
- You are able to review compliance related to Controlled Foreign Corporations including Forms 5471 and related schedules; Form 8992, Form 8993; Form 1116 and 1118. Also, compliance related to Forms 8865 and Forms 8858.
- You have a strong understanding of international tax law changes arising from 2017 TCJA and specifically, it’s impact on closely held businesses and use of Section 962 elections.
- You are able to review and advise on US tax issues as it relates resident aliens and nonresident aliens including application of the substantial presence test, foreign earned income exclusion and foreign tax credits. Including Form 8938 and FINCen Form 114.
- You are able to review and advise on foreign corporations filing Form 1120-F and related protective claims.
- Outstanding collaboration skills and the ability to multitask
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.