Executive Marketing Director
- 380 Data Dr #500, Draper, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
If you love making things millions of kids will enjoy and you want to work on a revolutionary gaming project, this is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team and create the future of Animal Jam, already the #1 MMO playground for kids. Animal Jam is developed at our studio in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.
Reporting to the CEO and partnering with game Directors and EVP of Product Development, the Executive Director of Marketing leads a crucial component of this energetic and exciting company. You will work on properties that have been embraced by over 90 million kids worldwide, and help us grow them into enduring, worthwhile, treasured institutions of childhood.
- Develop and execute a cohesive integrated marketing strategy to cost effectively grow traffic and customer acquisition via digital, mobile TV and other advertising channels
- Build and own brand strategy for Animal Jam, Play Wild! and other properties
- With community team, co-own social strategy and influencer marketing relationships. Develop and execute strategy at relevant events: Vidcon, etc.
- Develop and implement digital customer retention plans that abide by COPPA & GDPR-K requirements
- Lead development and implementation of all paid media, including tracking, optimizations and revisions
- Work with external vendors to test, plan, purchase and optimize media
- Drive customer acquisition budget and planning process. Maximize spend efficacy through optimization, messaging and creative production
- Manage and own reporting for marketing performance – forecasting, ROI/ROAS, conversion trends and projections
- Ownership of 3rd party tag management, web analytics configuration and conversion tracking setup
- Drive all advertising and monetization programs with creativity and innovation
- Research market trends & competition, market opportunities and threats
- Develop and sustain partnerships with synergistic brands and organizations
- As a key member of the WildWorks management team, contribute to company culture, strategy, and long-term planning
- Advanced working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with mobile attribution platforms (AppsFlyer, Tune, Kochava)
- Experience with children’s advertising regulations (COPPA, GDPR-K)
- Experience managing mobile/web user acquisition
- Working knowledge of conversion tracking technology (desktop web and mobile)
- Children’s media experience preferred
- Expertise in game marketing preferred, including desktop and mobile platforms
- Experience in SEO and App Store Optimization best practices
- Experience working with mobile ad networks, agencies, production studios and other vendors
- Track record of managing a large paid budget & maximizing ROI
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Salt Lake City studio.
No agents or third-party submissions, please.
Only candidates submitted through our career link will be considered.