Licensing Graphic Designer
- Salt Lake City, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Through a collaborative association with the National Geographic Society, Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
If you love making things millions of kids will enjoy and you want to work on a revolutionary gaming project, this is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team and create the future of Animal Jam, already the #1 MMO playground for kids. Animal Jam is developed at our studio in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.
The WildWorks licensing team is responsible for the development and promotion of products based on the massively popular social network for kids, Animal Jam. Product categories include toys, publishing, apparel, crafts & games, home goods and more. The licensing creative team assists in developing these products by producing style guides, reviewing submissions and brainstorming product concepts.
The Licensing Graphic Designer will report to the Licensing Director and the Art Director and will be primarily responsible for asset creation and product review to ensure brand continuity. This position will work closely with the Licensing Illustrator on nearly all projects. A successful graphic designer will have a keen understanding of children’s products and branding, be able to adapt to existing brand guidelines, and work within a team environment. This position is on location in our Salt Lake City, Utah studio. This is a full-time salaried position.
- Work with Licensing Director and Art Director to determine project scope
- Concept, develop and regularly update Animal Jam style guides
- Create or repurpose existing assets for specific licensees
- Develop collateral for events
- Produce advertising materials for social media, print and TV
- Establish and promote design guidelines and standards for internal and external use
- 2+ years graphic design experience – must have experience with both online and offline production
- Portfolio that shows range, versatility, and talent in creating assets for established properties
- Must be proficient in Adobe CC (Primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Great communication skills and proven ability to work collaboratively with creative and marketing teams
- High comfort level working on a wide range of projects
- Experience problem-solving and changing creative direction on the fly
- Dexterity and flexibility in handling multiple projects and priorities
- Adaptable to quick turnarounds and multiple deadlines
- Experience and comfort with feedback and revisions when necessary
- Excellent attention to detail
- Licensing design experience preferred
- Start-up and/or gaming experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a part-time, on-site position in our Salt Lake City studio.
No agents or third-party submissions, please.
Only candidates submitted through our career link will be considered.