Member Solutions Associate II
- 3707 W 13th St N, Wichita, KS 67203, USA
Want to work in an awesome environment with even better benefits? WFCU is the place for you! Come join a team of talented individuals who believe in a great member experience and a company who believes in a great employee experience. We offer competitive wages, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, gym membership discounts, and much more for those who qualify!
Member Solutions Associate II
Category of Employment
To assist members with their financial transactions and identify products and services that will enhance the member relationship.
This position reports to the Branch Manager.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities
- Receive and process transactions as noted.
- Greet and direct members and telephone calls to appropriate staff.
- Provide general credit union information.
- Assist MSS’s as needed with member service solutions.
- Cross-sell all credit union services as appropriate.
- Identify member financial needs and offer products, services, and solutions to meet those needs, including added-convenience products, sales referrals, and alternate access channels.
- Provide excellent member service.
- Process cash transactions at the window, including deposits, cash withdrawals, money orders, traveler’s checks, check withdrawals, payments, and other transactions as requested by the members.
- Prove cash at the end of the day. Order cash daily to maintain proper balance in denominations of currency and coin to carry on daily business.
- Handles mail payments and deposits.
- Assist other departments when necessary.
- Assure proper maintenance, cleanliness, and security of work area, desk, equipment, etc.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisors.
- Contribute to the overall efforts of the credit union in reaching its objectives, which include
- Providing quality service to credit union members
- Implementation of new member services
- Maintaining efficient and productive credit union operations.
- Demonstrate a willingness to achieve professional growth through on-the-job training and educational opportunities.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in credit union related activities.
- Maintain friendly working relationships with management and coworkers.
- High school graduate.
- At least one year’s experience as cashier or teller, preferably in a financial institution.
- Ability to cross-sell products and services.
- Advanced computer skills; proficient MS Office
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow up with others regarding information needed or provided
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Able to handle highly confidential information with discretion
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Able to produce high-quality work in an efficient and timely manner
- Embraces change
- Remains calm in stressful situations
- Professional presence.
- Punctual, dependable and cooperative.
- Possess a positive demeanor and cooperative attitude in relations with members and employees
Physical and Mental Demands
Physical activities involve those normally associated with working in an office environment: walking, standing, talking and similar activities.
Vision and hearing requirements, including close vision, ability to distinguish basic colors and/or shades, depth perception ability to adjust focus, ability to hear telephone and/or in-person conversations, and other vision and hearing demands.
Ability to lift objects or exert force in pushing and pulling.
Mental demands, including such requirements as reading documents, analyzing and solving problems, interpreting data or information, using math or mathematical reasoning, learning and applying new information and skills, performing highly detailed work, meeting changing and/or intensive deadlines, constant interruptions, multiple concurrent tasks and interacting with members/coworkers.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position. Wichita Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.