- 9835 E 21st St N, Wichita, KS 67206, USA
Want to work in an awesome environment with even better benefits? WFCU is the place for you! Come join a team of talented individuals who believe in a great member experience and a company who believes in a great employee experience. We offer competitive wages, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, gym membership discounts, and much more for those who qualify!
Category of Employment
Full-time; non-exempt. Grade 8.
This position is important to the success of credit union in fulfilling its mission as outlined in the mission statement. This position supports the financial management and operations of the Credit Union by performing a wide variety of accounting and operations work assignments.
This position reports to the Vice President of Accounting and Operations.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities
- Performs duties of lower-level accountant.
- Prepares entries and reconciles reports relating to general ledger records.
- Prepares and submits special reports exercising considerable initiative in arranging details to obtain end objectives.
- Maintains back-office of member service-related services, such as Bill Pay, remote deposit, and ACH.
- Reviews accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
- Assists other members of department with their work, directing them at times and helping them solve problems they encounter.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of credit union history and philosophy, as well as policies and procedures of the credit union.
- Assists other departments when necessary.
- Assures proper maintenance, cleanliness, and security of work area, desk, equipment, etc.
- Is knowledgeable about services offered to credit union members.
- Contributes to the overall efforts of the credit union in reaching its objectives, which include
- Completes all functions in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains efficient and productive credit union operations.
- Demonstrates willingness to achieve professional growth through on-the-job training and educational opportunities.
- Demonstrates willingness to participate in credit union related activities, such as chapter meetings and KCUA events.
- Maintains friendly working relationships with management and coworkers.
- Performs other duties and functions as required by supervisor.
- (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in‑house training or apprenticeship program.
- At least six hours of college level accounting classes.
- Working knowledge of accounting practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least a minor in accounting.
- Advanced computer skills; proficient MS Office
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow up with others regarding information needed or provided
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Able to handle highly confidential information with discretion
- Detail oriented
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Able to produce high-quality work in an efficient and timely manner
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability by being able to discern between conflicting priorities and reprioritize as business needs dictate
- Embraces change
- Remains calm in stressful situations
- Professional presence.
- Punctual, dependable and cooperative.
- Possess a positive demeanor and cooperative attitude in relations with members and employees.
- Communicates with warmth and compassion while keeping the needs of the business as the primary focus.
Physical and Mental Demands
Physical activities involve those normally associated with working in an office environment: walking, standing, talking and similar activities.
Vision and hearing requirements, including close vision, ability to distinguish basic colors and/or shades, depth perception ability to adjust focus, ability to hear telephone and/or in-person conversations, and other vision and hearing demands.
Ability to lift objects or exert force in pushing and pulling.
Mental demands, including such requirements as reading documents, analyzing and solving problems, interpreting data or information, using math or mathematical reasoning, learning and applying new information and skills, performing highly detailed work, meeting changing and/or intensive deadlines, constant interruptions, multiple concurrent tasks and interacting with members/coworkers.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position. Wichita Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.