Account Solutions Representative
- 9835 E 21st St N, Wichita, KS 67206, USA
Want to work in an awesome environment with even better benefits? WFCU is the place for you! Come join a team of talented individuals who believe in a great member experience and a company who believes in a great employee experience. We offer competitive wages, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, gym membership discounts, and much more for those who qualify!
Account Solutions Representative
Category of Employment
To preserve the Credit Union’s assets by controlling delinquent accounts and collecting delinquent loan payments.
Reports to the Collections Manager aka Account Solutions Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting on delinquent accounts by phone and mail.
- Secure promises to pay and take appropriate action to bring current.
- Maintain accurate notes, files and reports on all collections activity.
- Analyze financial situation of delinquent members; make recommendations to Account Solutions Manager regarding repossession and judgements when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
- Assist with bankruptcy filings, repossessed asset management and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Ensure timely contact of members with delinquent loans to inquire about re-payment intent, initiating calls to members when they reach 5 or more days delinquent.
- Maximize the collection of credit union assets from delinquent loans by maintaining a delinquency rate as outlined by the Board of Directors and Management.
- Maximize the recovery of credit union assets by maintaining the charged off loan ratio as outlined by the Board of Directors and Management.
- Adhere to provisions as set forth in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and insure collection activity is within credit union policy and complies with all state and federal regulations.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and employees.
- Punctual, dependable and cooperative
- Ability to organize work, transmit working skills to new employees and to motivate present employees
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
- Experienced collector focused on results.
- Thorough knowledge of math as well as interest rates and their computations.
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively. Proven oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of Federal Rules and Regulations affection collections.
- Advanced computer skills; proficient MS Office
- Professional presence.
- Punctual, dependable and cooperative.
- Possess a positive demeanor and cooperative attitude in relations with members and employees.
- Communicates with warmth and compassion while keeping the needs of the business as the primary focus.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow up with others regarding information needed or provided
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Able to handle highly confidential information with discretion
- Detail oriented
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Able to produce high-quality work in an efficient and timely manner
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability by being able to discern between conflicting priorities and reprioritize as business needs dictate
- Embraces change
- Remains calm in stressful situations
Physical and Mental Demands
Physical activities involve those normally associated with working in an office environment: walking, standing, talking and similar activities.
Vision and hearing requirements, including close vision, ability to distinguish basic colors and/or shades, depth perception ability to adjust focus, ability to hear telephone and/or in-person conversations, and other vision and hearing demands.
Ability to lift objects or exert force in pushing and pulling.
Mental demands, including such requirements as reading documents, analyzing and solving problems, interpreting data or information, using math or mathematical reasoning, learning and applying new information and skills, performing highly detailed work, meeting changing and/or intensive deadlines, constant interruptions, multiple concurrent tasks and interacting with members/coworkers.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position. Wichita Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.