- 3730 W 13th St N, Wichita, KS 67203, USA
Want to work in an awesome environment with even better benefits? WFCU is the place for you! Come join a team of talented individuals who believe in a great member experience and a company who believes in a great employee experience. We offer competitive wages, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, gym membership discounts, and much more for those who qualify!
Branch Manager- West Location
Category of Employment
Full-time; Exempt. Grade 10
To direct the operations of a medium sized, remote Credit Union facility, ensuring the branch meets organizational, financial, operational, service, and growth plans.
Reports to the Vice President of Branch Operations.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities
Responsible for contributing to the Credit Union’s overall goals and objectives by promoting and cross-selling Credit Union products and services.
Responsible for the operation of the branch office with respect to MSR and lending functions and quality service to members. Responsible for the administration of the division and supervision of branch employees. Assist loan processors and loan officers and serve as loan interviewer, processor, and counselor as time allows. Disburse the full range of Credit Union services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for contributing to the Credit Union’s overall goals and objectives by promoting and cross-selling Credit Union products and services.
- Responsible for the operation of branch office with respect to MSR and lending functions and quality service to members. Responsible for the administration of the division and supervision of branch employees. Assist loan processors and loan officers and serve as loan interviewer, processor, and counselor as time allows. Disburse the full range of Credit Union services.
- Hires, reviews, schedules, trains, and monitors the work of branch personnel: conducts performance reviews; allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department.
- Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Maintains communications with main office; prepares and submits standard reports; attends scheduled management meetings.
- Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations(s), suppliers, other financial institutions and similar groups.
- Monitors all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance with established Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Assures branch office is open and ready for business each morning and throughout the day, provides routine information about Credit Union policies and services to members in person and by telephone.
- Maintains branch change fund, daily deposits, money orders, and replenishments of branch MSR cash.
- Is responsible for maintaining quality service to all deciding questions of an administrative nature regarding work methods and flow. Assigns, directs, coordinates and receives work of staff assigned.
- Acts as a liaison between branch staff and administration for providing exchange of information and responding to questions.
- Keep abreast of operational and regulatory changes that affect the branch office.
- Assure the branch office is maintained in a pleasant, inviting, and attractive manner, clean and free of clutter.
- Routinely review various data reports to ensure integrity of branch transactions; report discrepancies to appropriate supervisor.
- Maintain security procedures and systems in branch office.
- Maintain and protect branch equipment; recommend purchase and/or replacement of equipment.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Credit Union history and philosophy, as well as policies and procedures of the Credit Union.
- Cross-sell loans and other Credit Union services when appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Vice President of Branch Operations.
- Maintain a cohesive, highly trained, motivated staff sufficient to meet daily branch demands.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- Be knowledgeable about services offered to Credit Union members.
- Provide cheerful, courteous, and efficient service to members.
- Contribute to the overall efforts of the Credit Union in reaching its goals and objectives, which include:
- Providing quality service to Credit Union members.
- Maintaining efficient and productive Credit Union operations.
- Meet or exceed the established branch goals each month and ensure direct reports achieve their individual goals.
- Promote a sales culture within the branch by example. Coach and develop employees to identify cross sales opportunities.
- Demonstrate willingness to achieve professional growth through on-the-job training and educational opportunities.
- Demonstrate willingness to participate in Credit Union related activities.
- Maintain friendly working relationships with management and coworkers.
A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
- Three to five years’ experience in most of the following areas:
- Data information systems
- Member services
- Supervision of others
- Advanced computer skills; proficient MS Office
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow up with others regarding information needed or provided
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Able to handle highly confidential information with discretion
- Detail oriented
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Able to produce high-quality work in an efficient and timely manner
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability by being able to discern between conflicting priorities and reprioritize as business needs dictate
- Embraces change
- Remains calm in stressful situations
- Professional presence.
- Punctual, dependable and cooperative.
- Possess a positive demeanor and cooperative attitude in relations with members and employees.
- Communicates with warmth and compassion while keeping the needs of the business as the primary focus.
Physical and Mental Demands
Physical activities involve those normally associated with working in an office environment: walking, standing, talking and similar activities.
Vision and hearing requirements, including close vision, ability to distinguish basic colors and/or shades, depth perception ability to adjust focus, ability to hear telephone and/or in-person conversations, and other vision and hearing demands.
Ability to lift objects or exert force in pushing and pulling.
Mental demands, including such requirements as reading documents, analyzing and solving problems, interpreting data or information, using math or mathematical reasoning, learning and applying new information and skills, performing highly detailed work, meeting changing and/or intensive deadlines, constant interruptions, multiple concurrent tasks and interacting with members/coworkers.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position. Wichita Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.