- 631 E Boughton Rd, Bolingbrook, IL 60440, USA
Wi-Tronix provides products and services to wirelessly monitor high-value mobile assets such as locomotives, industrial equipment, and marine vessels. Mobile assets of this class are typically the workhorses of an enterprise. In the past, mobile meant disconnected. Being disconnected causes great inefficiencies in an enterprise that counts on mobile assets for its core business operations. Advanced commercially available wireless technologies now enable all types of assets to be connected throughout most of the world. Wi-Tronix’s mission is to integrate these technologies to enable businesses to improve the operational efficiency, service reliability and safety of high-value mobile assets.
Our products are designed to solve your most difficult challenges with minimal disruption to your operations. Some suppliers only have pieces of the overall puzzle. Wi-Tronix assures that you have an end-to-end solution.
1. Field & Production Support (55%)
a. Act as the point of escalation for firmware-specific customer and production issues
b. Provide expert guidance to customers and production teams in developing standard fixes and analyzing failures for firmware-related issues
c. Identify future enhancements to improve the product’s performance and reliability based on insights gained from interaction with customers and production
2. Research & Development (40%)
a. Act as the firmware engineering specialist throughout the product development life cycle across the Wi-Tronix portfolio
b. Contribute to ideation exercises with the outlook of building a highly secure, scalable, and sustainable code base and product
c. Architect, deliver prototypes, conduct hands-on development, testing and debugging of new firmware-related product components, enhancements, and sub-systems
3. Operations (5%)
a. Adhere to Wi-Tronix’s development methodology and lab quality standards
b. Ensure proper documentation of code development efforts to ensure seamless succession of tasks and ease of code maintenance
c. Interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams including product development, customer service, production, and engineering to continuously deliver a superior product and service
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in embedded software or firmware engineering, with demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ programming, and advanced understanding of systems engineering and integration. This can include a background in computer engineering, systems engineering or even as an SBC hardware engineer.
• Must be a highly skilled with Windows embedded.
• Extensive experience from the hardware layer up to (but not including) the application layer.
• Solid experience with diagnostics; troubleshooting system level issues (including platform instability issues from driver conflicts, timing issues, etc.)
• Proven experience in microcontroller (Atmel, ARM, Microchip, ST, Freescale, NXP) firmware development
• Experience developing for connected devices integrating wireless or wired communications into a system and strong understanding of the required protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, USB, PCI, RS232, RS 422, RS485, J1708, J1587, CAN, J1939 and TCP/IP )
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.