Senior Network Engineer
- 631 E Boughton ROad, Bolingbrook, IL, us
Wi-Tronix provides products and services to wirelessly monitor high-value mobile assets such as locomotives, industrial equipment and marine vessels. Mobile assets of this class are typically the workhorses of an enterprise. In the past, mobile meant disconnected. Being disconnected causes great inefficiencies in an enterprise that counts on mobile assets for its core business operations. Advanced commercially available wireless technologies now enable all types of assets to be connected throughout most of the world. Wi-Tronix’s mission is to integrate these technologies to enable businesses to improve the operational efficiency, service reliability and safety of high-value mobile assets.
Our products are designed to solve your most difficult challenges with minimal disruption to your operations. Some suppliers only have pieces of the overall puzzle. Wi-Tronix assures that you have an end-to-end solution.
Ensure optimum operation of all Wi-Tronix network, phone and security equipment. Manage and maintain the following network hardware: Cisco routers, switches, Nexus, and ASA firewalls, Sophos UTM, Aruba access points and controllers, Shortel switches, HP Storageworks fiber switches. Architect the network for continual rapid growth.
· Design and architect the installation, configuration, maintenance, and support LAN/WAN environment
· Design, architect, plan, and coordinate, the installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of firewall and related security devices
· Monitor, troubleshoot, and tune the network for optimal performance
· Support of systems monitoring, performance management, and systems management
· Help with the planning, coordination, design, and architecture of disaster recovery and high availability solutions
· Work with other IT teams and business units to propose and implement security best practices
· Create and maintain documentation including network drawings and changes
Provide 24 hour on-call support the ongoing 24 hour operations of Wi-Tronix.
· College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· Certifications: CCNA, CCNP preferred
· Network Routing with BGP/OSP/ RIP, VRF, VPC,VXLAN
· Network Packet based inspection and troubleshooting
· DNS, DHCP
· Configuration management
· Ability to work evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
· Knowledge of:
o Effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
· Ability to:
o Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures;
o Communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing;
o Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility;
o Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
Desired Skills or Qualifications
- Cisco Mobile IP, route-maps, policy based routing, Netflow, QOS
- Cisco Certifications: CCIE
- Virtual Solutions: VMWare Virtualization
- Languages: HTML, ASP, C++, .NET, SQL
- Software: Microsoft Policy and Access Services, Lenel Security Solutions, VMware Operations Manager, ShoreTel VoiP, IIS, Apache/Tomcat
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- ITIL Foundations v3
- Whats up Gold (WUG) monitoring
- Microsoft System Center (SCCM), Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server
· Script, Batch Script, PowerShell, Database Programming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.