Front End Developer
- 631 E Boughton Rd, Bolingbrook, IL 60440, USA
Wi-Tronix provides products and services to wirelessly monitor high-value mobile assets such as locomotives, industrial equipment, and marine vessels. Mobile assets of this class are typically the workhorses of an enterprise. In the past, mobile meant disconnected. Being disconnected causes great inefficiencies in an enterprise that counts on mobile assets for its core business operations. Advanced commercially available wireless technologies now enable all types of assets to be connected throughout most of the world. Wi-Tronix’s mission is to integrate these technologies to enable businesses to improve the operational efficiency, service reliability and safety of high-value mobile assets.
Our products are designed to solve your most difficult challenges with minimal disruption to your operations. Some suppliers only have pieces of the overall puzzle. Wi-Tronix assures that you have an end-to-end solution.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
· Develop new user-facing features
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
· Utilize code libraries for rapid development
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
· Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical area
· A minimum of 2 years of front end development experience
· Demonstrated understanding of responsive web development
· Demonstrated experience and success working with internal cross-functional teams
· Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, and written communication skills
· Strong technical skills
· Proven ability to develop a deep understanding of a complex product
· Proven organizational and analytical skills
· Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
· Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
· Good understanding of AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, DurandalJS etc.
· Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
· Good understanding of data visualization platforms such as Splunk or Tableau
· Provide guidance on industry best practices and identifying the best tools and processes with which to implement our platform
· Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as TFS, Git
· Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring applications will adhere to them is a plus
· Good understanding of Google Analytics and ensuring proper instrumentation is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.