- 1140 3rd St NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
WhyHotel is a DC-based start-up that operates "turn-key, pop-up hotels" across the U.S. in newly built, vacant apartments during their initial lease-up phase. Blurring the line between hospitality and home, our model provides the value and space of a home-share with the consistency and quality of a hotel. Thanks to WhyHotel, real estate developers now have a new way to leverage vacant units during lease-up and you have a new way to travel.
This position is responsible for supporting all areas of the employee experience and culture.
- Support the employee journey, through the full employment lifecycle
- Run the onboarding process for new employees
- Manage HRIS and Payroll for the company
- Support team members as their go-to resource for navigating all things HR
- Support the transition of team members during exits
- Run biannual performance review process
- Help managers work through any performance related issues with team members
- Support training across the organization
- Manage HR compliance (supported by outside counsel)
- Support compliance for all new market entries
- Support compliance across all of our existing operations
- Support employee relations issues that arise
- HRIS & Payroll Management
- Use all of our HRIS tools to ensure data integrity
- Benefits Admin
- Administer our benefits programs
- Administer our perks program for education and wellness
- Support shopping our benefits coverages annually
- Support the collection of feedback and determine how we best support employees though benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience of HR generalist management in a high-growth organization (preference for experience in a hotel, restaurant, retail, call center, or manufacturing environment)
- Demonstrated experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- You are a builder and have experience being part of an HR function in growth mode.
- You have the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have the ability to see ahead of the curve and anticipate team members' needs.
- You have an unmatched attention to detail.
- You are obsessed with stellar customer service.
- You are a team player, focused on supporting your peers across the organization.
- You can strike a balance between the speed and quality of your work.
- You are the CEO of your work-streams. You identify what needs to be done and what would make your work and the service you provide better without being told by others.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.