- Washington, DC, United States
- Employees can work remotely
WHAT IS WHYHOTEL?
WhyHotel is a venture-capital backed DC-based startup that operates both residential and hospitality assets, as well as "turn-key, pop-up hotels" in newly built, vacant luxury apartments during their lease-up phase. Blurring the line between hospitality and home, our model offers stays of all lengths and types, both furnished and unfurnished, and provides everything from a fully serviced apartment-home experience to the value and space of a home-share with the consistency and service of a luxury hotel.
Thanks to WhyHotel, real estate developers have a new way to leverage vacant units during lease-up vacancy, and you have a new way to travel! As part of the WhyHotel family, all employees receive competitive compensation and benefits- including an equity stake in the company.
As Operations Lead, you will drive the execution and excellence of all aspects of the front and back of house operations, while actively managing all related teams and vendors. Your success will be measured on a collation of customer reviews, employee engagement and performance, and room readiness/quality/availability scores.
- Help to stand up your asset’s operational structure, including the implementation of all back-end and access systems and programming of front and back of house spaces
- Lead, grow and develop your operations team, closely partnering with the on-site Operations Manager to build a positive team culture that reflects WhyHotel’s core values
- Develop, oversee and execute SOPs and building-specific reporting
- Support the ongoing performance of a skilled, timely, and proactive maintenance plan
- Take the lead in both front and back house operations, collaborating cross functionally with third parties and within your on-site property teams to develop and implement best practices geared towards optimizing occupancy, net rates, social and listing marketing, and overall experience
- Ensure your property is maintaining a consistently high level of service and meeting WhyHotel’s brand standards
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in hospitality, business administration, or finance, or commensurate experience in lieu of a formal degree
- You have previously managed teams in roles owning and supporting both front and back of house operations
- You are a hands-on leader who supports your team and takes an active role in growing and developing them
- You have successfully managed complex projects
- You have proven results in controlling expenses and driving budgetary success
- You have a strong track record of driving team performance and making effective decisions in order to beat budget while maintaining exceptional service levels
- You lead by example and embody the core values of WhyHotel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.