Assistant General Manager
- 1140 3rd St NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
WHAT IS WHYHOTEL?
WhyHotel is a venture-capital backed DC-based startup that operates both residential and hospitality assets, as well as "turn-key, pop-up hotels" in newly built, vacant luxury apartments during their lease-up phase. Blurring the line between hospitality and home, our model offers stays of all lengths and types, both furnished and unfurnished, and provides everything from a fully serviced apartment-home experience to the value and space of a home-share with the consistency and service of a luxury hotel.
Thanks to WhyHotel, real estate developers have a new way to leverage vacant units during lease-up vacancy, and you have a new way to travel! As part of the WhyHotel family, all employees receive competitive compensation and benefits- including an equity stake in the company.
As Assistant General Manager, you will be responsible for helping to stand-up and lead the operations of your WhyHotel property, including everything from managing all front and back of house operations to building the ultimate customer experience. As an Assistant General Manager, you will:
- Play a key role in standing up your asset’s operational structure, including the hands-on implementation of all back-end and access systems, programming of front and back of house spaces, and creation of SOPs in partnership with the Regional General Manager (RGM) and a cross-functional support team
- Support talent acquisition efforts for all operations roles within your WhyHotel property; oversee, support and train your team members on all WhyHotel SOPs and programs
- Help develop and execute building-specific reporting
- Collaborate with members of our Revenue Team, RGM and Leasing Team on amenity pricing structure and ongoing unit pricing
- Take ownership of on-site operations, collaborating cross-functionally and within your onsite property teams to develop and implement best practices geared towards optimizing occupancy, net rates, social and listing marketing, and overall experience
- Ensure entire team and property are ready, willing and able to maintain a consistently high level of service and meet WhyHotel’s brand standards
- Take lead on all on-site financial management including being POC for corporate accounting and overseeing accounts receivable management to drive down balances and convert to NOI
- You have previously worked in Class A high-rise residential operations with teams reporting to you directly (including administrative staff and building engineers).
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in hospitality, business administration, or finance, or commensurate experience in lieu of a formal degree.
- You have experience with pricing and revenue management and understand how to drive occupancy, minimize vacancy loss, and build NOI.
- You have successfully cultivated, managed, and owned high-level relationships on-site and leveraged them to address competing priorities.
- You have a strong track record of driving team performance and making effective decisions in order to beat budget while maintaining exceptional service levels.
- You have a consistent track record of positive resident experiences, culture building, asset health and functionality, and strong financial management skills.
- You are a hands-on leader who supports your team and takes an active role in growing and developing them.
- You’re a quick thinker, a problem solver, a skilled communicator and a world-class motivator.
- You lead by example and embody the core values of WhyHotel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.