- 1140 3rd St NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
WHAT IS WHYHOTEL?
WhyHotel is a venture-capital backed DC-based startup that operates both residential and hospitality assets, as well as "turn-key, pop-up hotels" in newly built, vacant luxury apartments during their lease-up phase. Blurring the line between hospitality and home, our model offers stays of all lengths and types, both furnished and unfurnished, and provides everything from a fully serviced apartment-home experience to the value and space of a home-share with the consistency and service of a luxury hotel.
Thanks to WhyHotel, real estate developers have a new way to leverage vacant units during lease-up vacancy, and you have a new way to travel! As part of the WhyHotel family, all employees receive competitive compensation and benefits- including an equity stake in the company.
As Maintenance Technician, you are responsible for all aspects of the overall and ongoing maintenance of your property. Responsibilities can range from engineering work such as HVAC or drywall, to maintaining inventory, to handling communications with residents and guests. In short, it is your mission to make certain that your entire property is properly functioning, safe and clean, to help ensure an unmatched experience for everyone on-site.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in standing up all engineering structures including the hands-on implementation of back-end and access systems, programming of back of house and storage spaces, establishment of a base inventory and timely ordering system, and creation of Maintenance SOPs and Preventative Maintenance plans.
- Respond to all work orders in a timely manner and according to SOP’s to ensure a satisfactory experience.
- Keep all mechanical, storage, and back of house areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- Regularly inspect common areas and all equipment and systems to proactively prevent or fix issues before they can impact the resident/guest experience.
- Maintain and execute all preventive maintenance programs as scheduled.
- Accomplish all unit turns and in-house projects on time or better, and in line with appropriate specifications.
- Collaborate and work well with the front of house team, Corporate HQ, vendors, and contractors to ensure our operations are always tight, functional, and creating the best possible on-site experience for all involved.
- Manage the inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Assist in all projects and tasks, as required.
- You have a High School or General Education Degree, or commensurate experience in maintenance/engineering.
- You have a maintenance background in Class-A residential buildings or hotels, or similar engineering operations.
- You have certificate(s) in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field (preferred).
- You have an advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- You are an effective problem solver with written and verbal communications skills
- You are skilled, hands-on, patient and a strong multi-tasker.
- You are highly organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- You are physically capable and available to work overtime (including weekends and evenings, as well as possible on-call shifts).
- You have a pleasant demeanor and can handle interactions with a high degree of tolerance, diplomacy, and tact.
- You can effectively manage stressful working situations.
- You lead by example and embody the core values of WhyHotel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.