Lead NLP (India)
- Baner Rd, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra, India
WhizAI is the first and only purpose-built cognitive insights platform for life sciences, empowering users to get answers to their business questions by simply asking via voice or text on web and mobile. WhizAI is pre-trained on life sciences data and business terminologies, enabling it to answer even the most complex questions from billions of records in seconds. Fast, easy, and scalable, WhizAI is the trusted partner of choice at the top global life sciences companies. Asked. Answered. Instantly.
We are on a mission to make enterprise analytics as easy and delightful as using your favorite app. The days of tedious dashboards, long training hours, and complex analytics software are over. Our platform is disrupting the $190B+ analytics market industry by making it 100X faster and easier for all business users to simply talk to their data and get insights, based on the innovations in NLP, AI, ML and enterprise software. We are the future of business intelligence and if you too want to put innovation and user experience for business users above all else, this role is for you.
As a Lead NLP Scientist/Engineer you will:
- Architect, Design and build highly scalable and configurable conversational, dialog & classification components for a real-time NLP pipeline as a part of an AI-enabled platform
- Design and assist in building batch processing data pipelines for domain-specific models, transfer learning, training, maintenance & optimizations
- Leverage best of both worlds (conventional shallow algorithms and state of the art Deep Learning NLP techniques) to solve high-level NLP tasks
- Collaborate with domain experts & customers to develop/evaluate/configure/tune NLP models
- Lead a team of NLP Engineers and developers in full software development life cycle with agile methods
- At least 10+ years with a Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field (7+ years with Ph.D) of working with large-scale NLP/NLU systems
- Hands on experience in applying Deep Learning methods like Language Models, Transformers, Word Embedding, LSTM, Seq2Seq Networks to Low-level NLP tasks
- Expert knowledge of NLP Shallow Algorithms: SRL, Syntax Trees, Constituency Parsing, Part of Speech tagging, Dependency Parsing, Coreference Resolution, NER, Temporal Expressions
- Strong Software engineering skills
- Experience with Stanford NLP, Google BERT or other language models, WordNet, Universal Dependencies
- Experience with Machine Learning tools like TensorFlow, PyTorch, NLTK, spaCy
- Experience with Intent Detection, Text indexing, Clustering, Ontology & Topic Modeling
- Hands on Experience into CNN, Autoencoders, GANs, Text Generation, Text Classification, Question Answering
- Good knowledge of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Databases
- Good to know: Apache UIMA/RUTA, Stanford Core NLP, Apache Lucene, Python, Linux
- Excellent communication, problem-solving & presentation skills
- Self Driven with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to work with and lead a distributed team
- Out of the box thinker and looking to make a difference
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of scientific publications in the fields of natural language processing and/or machine learning, deep learning
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field (7+ years with Ph.D) of working with large-scale NLP/NLU systems
Competitive and commensurate with experience. WhizAI offers a base salary, a bonus plan, and equity.
Health care and paid time off.