Principal Engineer, Software Test Engineering (Urgent need)
- Business Function: Test Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop tools for next generation manufacturing system including systematic, automated, process visualize control system, robot and related to co-work with tester/operation.
- performs technical support activities related to test with engineering approaches to effectively respond to each work request in term of productivity improvement, quality and cost.
- Working closely with cross functional team in US/Japan and Asia for system infrastructure including for automation and analytics.
- Software Development Life Cycle Management including Releases, adds and changes process instruction.
- Establishes appropriate performance report.
- Seek opportunity, develop and manage an appropriate proactive/predictive action.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, tooling and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements, preparing a workflow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Analyze, design, and develop modifications and changes to existing systems to enhance performance.
- Coordinate with developers to build and implement technology solutions.
- Integrate multiple systems and reconcile the needs of different teams.
- Resolve complex issues relating to business requirements and objectives.
- Research, evaluate and recommend solutions and appropriate technology to meet user’s needs.
- Train and develop other software analysts.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering or related field
- At least 8-10 years of experience in HDD Manufacturing or electronics industry is preferred
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience as a software analyst or related function.
- Knowledge of HDD process and technology, HDD test process
- Good knowledge of Automation system
- Knowledge in Robotic systems will be an advantage
- A highly analytical mindset and ability to understand business needs.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities are essential.
- Hands-on experience with technical projects is a must.
- Knowledge of databases, system security and troubleshooting recommended.
- People Management & Development Skills
- Strategic Planning Skill.
- Problem Solving & Decision-making skill
- Good knowledge in Python, Java, or C++
- Good knowledge in data analytics - ETL, Data structure, and ML are preferred
- Good command in English
- Good coaching skills, project management skill, decision making skill, adaptability
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.