Staff Engineer, Technology Development Quality & Reliability Engineering
- Business Function: Packaging Engineering
- Work Location: Penang SDSM Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
• Develop a comprehensive quality guidance library encompassing engineering work criteria, statistical Design of Experiments (DOE), Scorecard, sampling plans, and metric/methodology instructions.
• Address quality cases in technology and product development using DMAIC, RCA, and 8DR methodologies.
• Take responsibility for product DPPM, as well as new Technology development programs and new NAND/ASIC development Quality and Reliability.
• Be accountable for the checkout of development node Toll Gates, utilizing QC data and validation.
• Take accountability for the establishment of Measurement Metrology Instructions, covering physical scale/electrical aspects of interconnect.
• Manage the administration of the QA tools (CFMEA, Pre-POS, QAD cyber), utilizing it to assess risks in each design, development node, and productization phase.
Master's or Doctorate in Materials Science or Engineering
Proficient in statistical knowledge
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary
Self-motivated and self-directed
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: Western Digital has received reports of scams where a payment is requested on Western Digital’s behalf as a condition for receiving an offer of employment. Please be aware that Western Digital and its subsidiaries will never request payment as a condition for applying for a position or receiving an offer of employment. Should you encounter any such requests, please report it immediately to [email protected].