Senior/Manager, Training & Development
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Business Operations
- Work Location: Penang SDSM Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Leading TSSD (Technical & Soft Skill Development) training team in planning, supporting & executing site wide trainings & development programs internally & externally.
- Ensuring the TSSD team aligns to the vision & mission of the top leadership regarding upskilling, re-skilling & workforce transformation.
- Spearheading the L&D Center of Excellence (CoE) formation & drive as a Champion.
- Driving the team to work closely with stakeholders in requirement gathering, designing, aligning & designing the L&D Center of Excellence (CoE) programs’ frameworks prior to launch.
- Driving the team in coordination of yearly Training Needs Analysis (TNA) for Engineers, Technicians & Office Executives (target groups).
- Design training materials and training courses delivery with the Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Design and plan talent development programs to meet the talent needs (eg: Post Graduate Program, TVET etc.
- Leading the coordination & promotion of Post Graduate Program (with local universities) & Micro Degree Program (with training center) for employee’s growth & career advancement.
- Building a culture of continuous learning & knowledge sharing (including knowledge retention within the organization).
- Bachelor’s degree or above in any field or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years working in L&D department as a people manager.
- Familiar with Workforce Transformation Program especially in Technical Training related (Engineer & Technician).
- Experience in Project Management would be an advantage.
- Experience in Multimedia (Audio and Visual) would be an advantage.
- Good at planning, organizing and drive for result.
- Work experience in manufacturing environment or any relevant field.
- Can-do attitude with resilient mindset.
- Stakeholder influencing skills.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: Western Digital has received reports of scams where a payment is requested on Western Digital’s behalf as a condition for receiving an offer of employment. Please be aware that Western Digital and its subsidiaries will never request payment as a condition for applying for a position or receiving an offer of employment. Should you encounter any such requests, please report it immediately to [email protected].