Principal Engineer, Firmware Engineering
- Business Function: Firmware Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide test code support: validating test code on PICO, Triton, Ariel-X testers. Conduct special tests in collaboration with WW CST test code team and communicate to PRB TE, sRWI, QA teams for needed support alignment.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Direct experience in HDD product development, manufacturing, and testing
- Good understanding in magnetic recording and head/media integration
- Capable of developing special test algorithms to identify root causes of recording system problems
- Strong understanding of HDD architecture, storage technologies, and testing methodologies.
- Good programming skills (JMP,XML,C/C++, Matlab, Python, etc.) for developing, improving and updating of test scripts for test automation process and software tools for faster and reliable failure analysis and other parametric analysis.
- Skillful using lab measurement equipment (oscilloscopes)
- Skillful using data and statistics analysis tools (JMP, SAS, Macro, R, etc.)
- Proficient and thorough in detailed analysis on large data sets
- Ability to analyze and interpret test results, troubleshoot issues, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Clear concise reporting of important key findings and results
- Thorough attention to detail in test planning, execution, and documentation.
- Self-starter and initiator for test improvement and finding problems ability to analyze large data sets, look for pertinent correlations, and summarize key findings basic logical thinking skills.
- Team player who thrives under pressure and utilizes excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Positive thinking under challenges
- Passionate on data industry, thrive to learn.
- Proficiency in English in reading, writing, and speaking with good communication skills
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.