Site Reliability Engineer - DevSecOps
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Data Center Management
- Work Location: Bangalore Hallmark Office (IBS)--LOC_WDT_IBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Western Digital reliance on software and software development workflows is growing by leaps and bounds as a leading provider of Storage Solutions. As Secure Development Factory (SDF) Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps, you will be at the heart of Western Digital’s engineering process, delivering the software development tools and infrastructure that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the reliability, scalability, and performance of our IT infrastructure and DevOps tools. You will lead by example and collaborate closely with Engineering teams to align our efforts with customer requirements. Your technical expertise, adaptability, and commitment to excellence will drive the success and empower our stakeholders to develop and deliver high quality products faster reducing time to market without sacrificing security, development velocity, stability, code quality or code health.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, a relentless focus on the customer experience and an ability to multitask, assimilate data, make decisions and prioritize complex work while paying attention to the details. Communication with internal customers, vendors and co-workers in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must.
- Observability and Monitoring: Design, implement, and continuously improve monitoring and observability solutions to ensure effective and real-time visibility into system performance.
- Best Practices: Advocate for and implement best practices in SRE, DevOps, and automation, with a focus on enhancing platform stability and performance.
- Automation: Lead automation efforts to streamline processes, reduce manual tasks, and improve operational efficiency.
- Architecting and Designing: Contribute to the architecture and design of systems and applications, aligning them with reliability and scalability goals.
- Technical accountability: Provide technical ownership in the SRE team, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.
- Accountability: Take ownership of system reliability, meet Service Level Objectives (SLOs), and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaboration: Work closely with Engineering teams to understand customer requirements and collaborate on solutions.
- Adaptability: Stay updated with emerging technologies and adapt quickly to evolving requirements and challenges.
- Upskilling: Continuously upskill in newer technologies and share knowledge within the team.
- Team Player: Collaborate effectively with team members and contribute to a positive team culture.
- Professional Behaviour: Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, and a commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Documentation: Maintain thorough and well-organized documentation of systems and processes.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Candidates MUST POSSESS 4 to 6 years of hands-on experience in DevOps tools and SRE practices.
- MUST POSSESS Administration experience on DevOps tools such as Artifactory, Jenkins, Zuul, Git/Gerrit, Wan disco SVN, Blackduck, CodeScene, Spinnaker, and SAST/DAST tools.
- MUST POSSESS A Very good understanding of Infrastructure at the Server, VMWare, Storage and Networking
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues.
- Extensive experience in Ansible automation (Research, Write, Maintain, and Optimize roles/playbooks/modules)
- Proficiency in containerization technologies viz., Docker, Kubernetes.
- Expertise in shell scripting, Python, and other configuration management tools like Terraform.
- Development and customisation of CICD pipelines and onboarding applications with varying requirements
- Immense experience in monitoring enhancements and metrics dashboarding using tools such as Icinga, Splunk, Prometheus & Grafana
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Automation First mindset.
- Focus on embedding Security postures on the systems.
- Working experience in ha-proxy, load balancers, ldap/sso integration, security endpoint configurations
- Must possess strong documentation skills and can work with rapid change and at a fast pace
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.