Specialist 1, Operations Training
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Operations Training
- Work Location: Penang SDSM Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Develops training curricula and/or recommends or utilizes vendor programs that meet instructional goals and objectives.
- Selects or develops training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Coordinates or performs administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development program/system and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- The primary focus of the 6S Champion is to develop and support a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the 6S program/system for optimal workplace organization.
- Designing, installing, and supporting the entire 6S and training related system based on stakeholder requirement.
- Participate in technical discussion and feature analysis.
- Raise and discuss potential impacts on task delivery with the Team Lead
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Help define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in data management or relevant field of expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for teaching and public speaking.
- Strong teamwork abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of staff learning and assessment protocol.
- Friendly and approachable.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: Western Digital has received reports of scams where a payment is requested on Western Digital’s behalf as a condition for receiving an offer of employment. Please be aware that Western Digital and its subsidiaries will never request payment as a condition for applying for a position or receiving an offer of employment. Should you encounter any such requests, please report it immediately to [email protected].