Technician 1, Engineering
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Engineering Support
- Work Location: Bangalore Hallmark Office (IBS)--LOC_WDT_IBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Western Digital, located in Tefen Industrial Park (north), is looking for a Reliability Lab Technician.
As a WD Reliability Lab Technician, you will play a key role in testing and tracking all reliability of flash products. In this role, you will work closely with reliability engineers and R&D teams to Execute, Track & report the status of reliability tests on the current and future products of WD.
You will also be responsible for the Lab Equipment that is used by the team to perform all of there tests.
As part of this position, you will:
- Handle and maintain lab equipment, platforms and storage devices
- Be responsible of executing tests related to storage based products
- Interact with other engineering groups to analyze, capture, and interpret tests for products and systems.
- Document procedures and reports.
- Identify functional problems and suggests resolutions
- Practical Engineer
- Strong knowledge in Windows environment
- 2-3 years of proven knowledge in PC hardware and software
- Proven high level of English – Must
- Knowledge in computer networks – advantage
- Experience in QA LAB Testing Env. – advantage
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.