Technician 3, Quality Assurance
- Business Function: Quality Assurance
- Work Location: Penang SDSM Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
- Understand with acceleration test methodology and process
- Understand semiconductor assembly process and technology
- Good communication skills
- Fast learning ability
- Basic programming knowledge is and added advantage
- Experience in handling drive level reliability testing is an added advantage
- Responsible for SiP ORT, reliability qualification units loading and unloading
- Knowledge in HAST, TC, DR, DLT reliability testing is an added advantage
- Responsible for electrical failure analysis such as outgoing quality reliability monitoring, and quality assurance write read.
- To arrange sample and tester allocation as for EFR - Early rate failure and ORT – Ongoing Reliability Test.
- Responsible for quality excursion management such as on hold non-conforming lots, follow up sample movement and close loop lot disposition.
- Coordinate Non-conforming material purge activities and manage MRB inventories and reporting.
- Assist engineer in workstation and Tester Management start from machine setup accordingly processes and product compliance.
- Hands on experience in SIP backward and forward lot traceability containments.
- Monitor QA Line Stop activity start from hands on backward and forward lot traceability containment, non-conforming material purge activities, manage MRB inventories, lot disposition.
- Lead Roving audit, participate in 6S audit and close loop close actions all gaps.
- Any other duties assigned from time base on schedule and unscheduled activities.
- Diploma in Electrical/ Electronics / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum with 1 year candidate of working experience in the same related filed or in manufacturing field
- Full time positions.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Batu Kawan, Pulau Pinang.
- MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS word
- Measurement tools e.g. multimeter, oscilloscopes & etc.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: Western Digital has received reports of scams where a payment is requested on Western Digital’s behalf as a condition for receiving an offer of employment. Please be aware that Western Digital and its subsidiaries will never request payment as a condition for applying for a position or receiving an offer of employment. Should you encounter any such requests, please report it immediately to [email protected].