Technician 3, Manufacturing Equipment Engineering
- Business Function: Manufacturing Equipment
- Work Location: Penang SDSM Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
- Support production and qualification run by maintaining process at optimum performance
- Able to use computer and familiar with MS Office – Words/Excel/PowerPoint.Able to read, write and converse in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Good at numbers, calculations, use of statistical tools to analyze data.
- Able to do simple presentation.
- Possess a reasonable working knowledge in the related practices in the industry.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- To ensure production machine performance is well maintained, perform good setup.
- To assist process/equipment engineers to carry out or setup new device evaluation/engineering run when needed.
- To practice 6’s every time after maintenance/repairing /conversion
- Ensure all activities perform to the environment procedures.
- Ensure that all waste/ chemical are properly stored/label and scrap.
- To maintain and perform troubleshooting on assigned operation.
- Highlight to superior on any activities in the company that may be contrary to the environment policy.
- Handshake/ Passover on daily machine status report.
- Follow all environmental procedures in carrying out daily activities
- Other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Company from time to time
- Diploma, Major in Engineering will be preferred.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in semiconductor manufacturing and familiar with maintenance and troubleshooting of Assy DA equipment.
- Familiar with TOP equipment and process,
- Familiar with machine trouble shooting and alarm handling
- Responsible for shift machine status checking and device change
- Good sense and follow up on quality issue and project
- Experience on machine and tooling routine PM
- Have the ability for report generation , focus on machine alarm analysis and trouble shooting
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- Workable English.
- Familiar with office software: Microsoft Word/excel/ Power point
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: Western Digital has received reports of scams where a payment is requested on Western Digital’s behalf as a condition for receiving an offer of employment. Please be aware that Western Digital and its subsidiaries will never request payment as a condition for applying for a position or receiving an offer of employment. Should you encounter any such requests, please report it immediately to [email protected].