Technician 4, Process
- Business Function: Process
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 4--LOC_WDT_TH1414
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to engineers including Production, and perform initial Failure Analysis for day to day issues.
- Perform and control special evaluations assigned from engineers.
- Give insights in term of process controls/improvements to address all issues seen during new program and process development.
- Summarize yield and build status report with inclusive of mechanical performance monitoring.
- Qualify processes, tooling, equipment and materials.
- Cooperate with Cross-functional team (front line) in getting all supports needed for new program development activities.
- Provide supports to Production related to routine builds (Rejected part verifications, follow-up and ensure Best In Class concept is well maintained in the line, following Advanced Manufacturing Engineering requirements.
- Diploma or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or related field
- Minimum 4-6 years of recent experience working in Manufacturing/Electronic Industry
- Recent experience working in HSA/HDA assembly process
- Basic in both written and spoken English
- Able to use a computer programs (Microsoft Excel or Word)
- Good failure analysis skill
- Good attitude and able to work with cross functional team
- Good communication, coordination and negotiation skill.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.