Principal Engineer, Development Engineering (Process Characterization)
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Business Function: Analytical & Characterization Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 8--LOC_WDT_TH1418
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principal Engineer, for Development Engineering (Process Characterization), is responsible for overall project management in identifying and quantifying all significant sources of process variation inherent to the technology and materials as applied to product design. The job will entail cross-functional work as you will be working with each individual process owner in areas such as Slider, HGA, and Test development for next next-generation Head Technology
All projects will be aligned based on the Back End Technology roadmap, wherein all technology on each process is defined based on the Wafer Design and Product Timeline. The handling of each experimental DOE, Process Validation is done through.
- Active and proactive collaborations process development, program and drive teams to provide backend solution to tackle technical challenges in new generation products, delivering performance, quality and yield.
- Prompt feedback and correlate study with the team solutions to eradicate issues.
- Data consolidation, summary + recommendation/conclusion and perform data analysis (including root cause analysis, as needed).
- Work on data collection and analysis using statistical software. Design, build, optimize, and validate custom data acquisition systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- At least 7+ years of experience in the HDD industry is preferred. Experience in Electronics or semiconductors will be considered.
- Provide standard and advanced data analysis reports including performance, yield, spacing, and root cause analysis with the recommendation and next step.
- Expert understanding of Process Development methods and demonstrated success in process characterization.
- Strong experimental design and statistics are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is needed. Familiarity with Analytics software with JMP and Power BI is a plus.
- Data Science experience: programming, machine learning and visualization, is a plus.
- Materials characterization experience: SEM, FIB, EDX, Auger, and TEM is a plus.
- Capable of fluent communication (spoken and written) in both English and Thai for effective communication as you will be reporting directly to a non-Local Director
- Coordination, Negotiation, and Learning Skills. Action-mindset.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.