- Job Type (exemption status): Non-Exempt position - Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Salary Range: 70,000.00-91,000.00
- Business Function: Administration
- Work Location: Remote Office - Texas--LOC_HGST_RTX
- Location (Secondary): Milpitas Office--LOC_WDT_USCA25
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Position Overview: We are seeking a proactive and highly organized Executive Assistance (Administrative Assistant), to provide comprehensive support to our team. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills, along with a service-oriented mindset. This role will involve coordinating meetings, managing calendars, creating internal support for purchase orders, taking high-level meeting minutes, following up on action items, and more. The successful candidate will also be responsible for learning and utilizing internal tools for administrative functions. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced work environment. Must be available during Pacific Standard Times Zone.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, ensuring all participants are informed of the details and any changes in a timely manner.
- Provide internal support for purchase orders, including gathering necessary information, generating purchase requests, and tracking orders, sample orders, shipping, etc…
- Maintain a service-oriented mindset by promptly responding to inquiries and providing assistance to colleagues as needed.
- Manage calendars and schedule appointments, proactively resolve scheduling conflicts, help with travel related duties, etc…
- Take accurate and detailed meeting minutes, ensuring all discussion points and action items are captured for those identified key meetings
- Follow up on action items from meetings, ensuring timely completion and reporting progress to relevant stakeholders.
- Learn and utilize internal tools for administrative functions, such as expense tracking, document management, and project collaboration platforms.
- Collaborate with other administrative staff to streamline processes and improve overall efficiency.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with utmost discretion.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or in a similar role.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and calendar management applications.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to identifying and addressing issues.
- Adaptability and flexibility to handle changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information appropriately.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California, Colorado, New York or remote jobs that can be performed in California, Colorado and New York. This range may be modified in the future.
- If your position is non-exempt, you are eligible for overtime pay pursuant to company policy and applicable laws. You may also be eligible for shift differential pay, depending on the shift to which you are assigned.
- You will be eligible to participate in Western Digital’s Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan, which provides incentive awards based on Company and individual performance. Depending on your role and your performance, you may be eligible to participate in our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs) or cash equivalents, pursuant to the terms of the LTI plan. Please note that not all roles are eligible to participate in the LTI program, and not all roles are eligible for equity under the LTI plan. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program; employee stock purchase plan; and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.