Engineer, Servo Mechanical Engineering
- Business Function: Servo Mechanical Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform servo track write Failure Analysis (FA), root cause understanding, containment action, corrective action/solution for yield/quality/reliability excursion & improvement.
- Release, add and change servo track write process instruction.
- Risk assessment on the excursion which related to servo track write process
- Monitor, assessment for servo track write process parametric data on the servo track write failure related.
- Optimize servo track write parameters and prepare the firmware in servo track write process for new component / process / tester /tools / customer qualification.
- Provide FA support/code validation for the new product transfer.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Control Engineering or related field
- 0-2 years of experience as engineer in Electronics industry or any related experience (new graduate is welcome)
- Firmware debugging, DSP, control theory, power driver, electronic design, motor control application are advantages.
- Willing to travel.
- Programming in C/C++, Matlab script
- Data analysis
- Good communication in English language (Writing/Speaking)
- Teamwork, problem-solving, good attention to detail, communication, initiative, logical/creative/systematic thinking, and customer focus.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.