- Business Function: Engineering Support
- Work Location: Bangalore PTP Office (IBP)--LOC_WDT_IBP
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
As Technician 3, the candidate is expected to handle the Handsets, tablets, mobiles, reference boards, lab equipment, measurement equipment with proficiency. Familiar with open source benchmark application for performance measurement for storage, basic knowledge in eMMC protocol spec and validation and various testers, software. Knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint is mandatory. Operate within standard operating procedures and job safety analysis, data collection, and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the preparing the platforms such as handsets, laptops, tablets, reference boards for validation
2. Able to understand the test plan provided, deploy the correct test packages in the respective platforms for validation
3. Monitor the failures, collect logs, report the results with adequate details required for documentation and failure analysis
4. Must have computer skills, including knowledge of Windows and proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Intermediate/advanced level of Excel is a plus.
5. Data collection and documentation.
6. Must possess a strong sense of urgency, commitment, and be results-oriented.
7. Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
8. Must be a self-starter and a quick learner.
9. Excellent dexterity when handling small parts is required.
10. A TEAM PLAYER
1. This position requires precision and attention to detail.
2. Use of personal protective equipment, such as gloves, aprons and, eye protection when executing certain tasks, as well as entry into a cleanroom where Guzik Testers are located. When in the cleanroom, cleanroom garments – hoods, booties, bunny suits, etc. – must be worn.
3. A significant amount of standing and walking.
4. Once trained, will be expected to work with little oversight or direction.
5. A very hands-on person with good knowledge or that can pick up technical details quickly is much better than just a book smart person.
7. Computer/Basic Software skills and be technically competent.
8. Exceptional attention to detail, good communication skills, is a self-starter, and works with little direction or oversite, once trained.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.